• Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anyone in Ohio?

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...p?id=123194616

But OHMYGOSH!!
    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
    Martin Caidin

Re: Anyone know anyone in Ohio?

Yeah, me! I'm in the Dayton area, but I hadn't heard about this. I've been to the AF Museum many times and it's safe to say another trip will be done. Thanks for posting this!

Regards

Comment

My step moms family live just blocks away on, I think, Skyline drive. I've gone to the museum every time we have ever visited. I wish I could make the trip for this.
      Tony

Comment

I've got an old friend in Columbus, put the bug in his ear. He'll probably wangle a ride in a Mitchell!

WVRF, whereabouts in West-by-God-Virginia do you live? Huntington's about as close to Dayton as you could get. (Or Cerodo-Kenova?)

$
        Last edited by split-s; 03-16-2010, 07:03 PM.
        Martin Caidin

Comment

Nice little article about the raiders. Only eight of eighty left, only four made it to last year's event.

Comment

Originally posted by split-s View Post
            I've got an old friend in Columbus, put the bug in his ear. He'll probably wangle a ride in a Mitchell!

WVRF, whereabouts in West-by-God-Virginia do you live? Huntington's about as close to Dayton as you could get. (Or Cerodo-Kenova?)

$
            Actually I've lived in the Dayton area for almost six years now, but I'm from the Charleston area. There's actually quite a few of us hillbilly's around here.

Comment

Originally posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
              Actually I've lived in the Dayton area for almost six years now, but I'm from the Charleston area. There's actually quite a few of us hillbilly's around here.
              I graduated from Barboursville, while the town still had a high school. Been to Dayton once, what, in 1975? Too long, I know.

My buddy in Columbus was valedictorian at Huntington High, but he's "come out of his trailer" over the years and looks to recording "Outhouse of Kenova" with his jug band (to the tune of "Blue Moon of Kentucky").

"Where men are men and sheep are nervous!"

$
              Martin Caidin

Comment

I live in Ashland, KY and fly out of Cabell in Huntington and Portsmouth Oh. Hope to make it to Dayton if work allows!!!

Comment

Good luck, I hope you can make the trip.

Dad used to work in the Weather Service office there at Walker-Long Field.

$
                  Last edited by split-s; 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM.
                  Martin Caidin

Comment

Working...
                  X