JCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCP

Our friends the Paul family generously gave Birgitta extraordinary access during their Racing efforts at Reno last year.

On Satuday rookie JohnCurtiss Paul made Reno history by flying the first P-40 ever to win a race at Reno. He was pumped...

Neal

Re: JCP

Great Pic Neal... love the P-40...

On a side note... One of the P-40's due to fly at Warbirds over Wanaka this year here in NZ has 6 working Browning 50 cal guns on board and as part of the show will display and fire the guns.... as per this 2008 pic of the P-40N of Garth Hogan.. Garth restored this P-40 himself at Pioneer Aero here in NZ... Pioneer have won awards at Oshkosh for their P-40 restorations.
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Birgitta,
      Great shot. I had the pleasure to meet JC this year, and yes, he was pretty pumped after the win. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
      Kiwi,
      You guys are crazy, but I like it!

Comment

Hi Neal,

To say it was our pleasure to have Birgitta with us last year is an understatement! She is one great Lady that fit right into the craziness and never hesitated to lend a hand. We were lucky to have her with us and truly appreciate all of the photos from the both of you.

I was indeed pumped after winning the Bronze on Saturday... none of us went down there thinking we would actually WIN a heat race! Reno is a funny place where all the stars had to align for that to happen. I know Fred Sebby was up there laughing his butt off on that one!

Thanks again for all that you do,

JC

Comment

It made 2009 a special Reno for her. She doesn't care all that much about the airplanes, but she likes interesting people and challenging photographic situations. The Paul pit certainly had plenty of both!

...but who talks on a cellphone during his first fire truck ride??

Neal

Comment

Hey JC -- It looks like I'll be coming through Boise on my way down to California in a couple of weeks. I'd like to stop by the museum and see you and your folks, if you're going to be around...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
              Great Pic Neal... love the P-40...

On a side note... One of the P-40's due to fly at Warbirds over Wanaka this year here in NZ has 6 working Browning 50 cal guns on board and as part of the show will display and fire the guns.... as per this 2008 pic of the P-40N of Garth Hogan.. Garth restored this P-40 himself at Pioneer Aero here in NZ... Pioneer have won awards at Oshkosh for their P-40 restorations.
              Ahem. Video pleez of an event like this.

Also, is the pilot available to strafe a spot off Waiheke Island? My aunt is tired of boaters parking in her bay on the weekends.
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Hi Neal,

I'll be around, just let me know when. You are always welcome!

JC

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post

Also, is the pilot available to strafe a spot off Waiheke Island? My aunt is tired of boaters parking in her bay on the weekends.
                  I will try to get video... just dont know what camera to grab hahahaha

Im not sure, but im not really worried... Waiheke is in Auckland, many of us in the south island dont really care what happens up there....
                  All Aucklanders do is come to the south island and take over our quiet beautiful towns...
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post

$
                    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                    Martin Caidin

Comment

Working...
                    X