Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Months to go, who's gonna make the big show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Months to go, who's gonna make the big show?

So we are just a little over the six month mark till game time. October of 2009 there was a lot of talk about 2010 being a landmark year for the big dogs. How is that all looking now?

Strega-Obviously the team to beat, It seems that the inline powerplant problems have been solved and there is no more questions about Steve-O's abilities. A simple engine shakedown could be all they need to do to win again.

Rare Bear-Impressive speeds for what appeared to be a mudane powerplant. Any word on a race motor? Boil off system appears to be working and gremlins from 2008 were non existant last year. People are predicting big things for this old bear, Will we see them? And when do they start on the new paint job?

Dago Red-What seemed to be a new begining for Dago has fizzeled into rumors of repossesion and dormancy. Will we see this red racer this year? I tend to think no.

Galloping Ghost-Minutes late to 2009, this racer appears to be ready to go. Will the shakedown that was planned to be done at NCAR 09 happen before September allowing a full race ready gelding to show up, or will we have to wait another year to see what she can really do?

Voodoo-The prize creeps ever closer for this purple mustang, 2009's pole postition start was the best showing so far, new pilot, turtle deck canopy back on, but same black smoke. Did Sundays mayday cook the motor? Will some of this good merlin luck make its way to this oh so deserving aircraft? A team that is very vocal about its status and progress will hopefully soon let us all know where they stand.

Ridge Runner III- RRIII is the new Dreadnaught. Always a Fan Favorite, this not so underdog does require a fair amount of work to wear it's modest race trimmings; will the Martin's and crew do it again?

Czech Mate-Subtle aero mods made for some impressive speed gains last year, will they do more? Plane is listed for sale, but that is nothing new. If you owned an airplane that pretty how could you possibly not let it out to play once a year.

Dreadnaught-Corncob made metal right before the show last year proving that Buicks really are built by G.M. but they worked through it and made it to the races. Will we ever NOT see Dreadnaught? (I hope not)

Furias-Full rebuild and race program promised, these things always take more time then planned, where are they at with this? Will we ever see a Bear killer Roundie? I dont plan on seeing this checkered beauty in 2010.

Riff Raff, Argonaut,Spirit of Texas -Awesome paint jobs, while beautiful, dont make Sea Fury's go faster. Only Kerch does that. I dont see any reason they wont be back other then money.

Wildfire-Rumors abound that this plane may have or will soon take flight. Will 2010 see the return of a purpose built racer to Reno? I will be very pleasently suprised if it does.

Gone but not forgotten-Precious Metal,Septembur Fury,Mr. Awesome, and all:

Come back to Reno. We Miss You!

Please forgive me if I forgot anyone.

Please add to this thread with any updates or info we may not be aware of.

Six months goes by fast!!
    Last edited by flyingjibus; 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM.

Re: Six Months to go, who's gonna make the big show?

September Fury -- On the 2009 RARA video, Dave Cornell says it is for sale. Is it for sale with original slow nose case engine?

Comment

Last we all saw that motor it was on a stand, or on the floor in the Bear's hanger, with corroded internals.

Comment

rest assured that nothing short of a miracle..

..would help dago make the field

Comment

Will the Bear get it's ungodly NOS inhaling race motor? Will they try to break their own speed record? Will they at least update their website before September???

These and many other questions await answers......

Oh, and will Mr. Lewis bring back Big Bossman???? Pleeeeeaaassseee?
          Last edited by bulldawg66; 03-09-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Will Howard Pardue be returning with his two planes?

Jarrod

Comment

Oh, and will Mr. Lewis bring back Big Bossman???? Pleeeeeaaassseee?[/QUOTE]

I'll Second that one!!

Comment

The races this year won't be the same without Howard's bearcat. I did miss the T-6's tinkertoy and kitchen pass. The rumors about dagored make me sad.

Comment

How bout the Trace / Relentless? Any news???????
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner View Post
                    How bout the Trace / Relentless? Any news???????
                    Trace is toast, plane is for sale, it's the engine that couldn't.

Comment

Rats.
                      Cheers

Comment

I hear that team sani-hut is bringing 3 planes to run in gold, silver, and bronze.......
                        Last edited by tow-3; 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM.
                        bob burns
                        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
                        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3 View Post
                          I hear that team sani-hut is bringing 3 planes to run in gold, silver, and bronze.......
                          With a team like that they could wipe up the competition. I hear they are testing a secret blue fuel.

Comment

Sani-Hut may be running on methane. I heard bean breakfast burritos,5 bean salad for lunch & bean chili with hard boiled eggs + beer for dinner. There won't be anyone behind them on the course.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                              Sani-Hut may be running on methane. I heard bean breakfast burritos,5 bean salad for lunch & bean chili with hard boiled eggs + beer for dinner. There won't be anyone behind them on the course.
                              I am not sure if that is true.
                              I understood that the air may be "lumpy" behind the aircraft though.
                              Mayday51
                              Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
                              X