MIKROKOPTER RC ~ IMPRESSIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIKROKOPTER RC ~ IMPRESSIVE

Check this out when you have a few minuets. Appears to have a very impressive climb rate. Camera quality is not bad either.

Cloudchaser

Re: MIKROKOPTER RC ~ IMPRESSIVE

I bought a camera remote chopper last year at Oshkosh... Have yet to fly it an inch, and have not found the best camera for it.. prolly learn to fly it first.. befor sticking on an expensive still/video camera...

Little bugger did come with a very small video camera and transmitter.. Never know, if the real estate thing comes back a little, we might get it to pay for itself.. it I don't get too much training rash on er..

This thing this guy has is several steps beyond, however... Gotta wonder what would come of a "full size" variant.

Would like to know more about the machine.. number of motors, transmissions, etc.. Pretty cool design!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Now that is pretty cool.
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

That "nest of hornets" just confirmed my stsatus
        as a dinosoar.
        The integration of the electronics is several magnatudes
        bevond what I used to do (even for Uncle Sam).

Just Amazing.
        Mayday51
        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I bought a camera remote chopper last year at Oshkosh... Have yet to fly it an inch, and have not found the best camera for it.. prolly learn to fly it first.. befor sticking on an expensive still/video camera...

Little bugger did come with a very small video camera and transmitter.. Never know, if the real estate thing comes back a little, we might get it to pay for itself.. it I don't get too much training rash on er..

This thing this guy has is several steps beyond, however... Gotta wonder what would come of a "full size" variant.

Would like to know more about the machine.. number of motors, transmissions, etc.. Pretty cool design!

Wayne, I also wondered what a full size unit might be like. Maybe too many moving parts tho. Seemed a bit noisey too for any stealth stuff

Cloudchaser

Comment

This concept in various forms has been around for quite sometime. Not many moving parts. Each prop is directly driven with a brushless A/C "outrunner" style motor. Small piezo electric ring state gyro's take care of stability. They make great camera platforms.

As far as Mil applications go, they are not as desireable. Yes they do have a niche within the ISR community, but their weak point is duration. 10 min is fun around the neighborhood, but quite annoying when it comes to looking for the bad guys. Add more battery and that comes directly off of the available payload.The 1kg weight lifted in the vid is nice for wow factor but not really representative of realworld payloads. By the time you get all the mil compatable hardware, autopilot, navigation, C2, vid links and sensors, your 1kg has evaporated. Yes it can be scaled up, but it suffers seriously from diminishing returns. This plagues all vertical takeoff machines. Helicopters with thier lower disk loading are still the king of effeciency in this area.

Neat no doubt, but there needs to be major advances battery storage technology before they are adopted for mainstream use.
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

Pretty neat !

I wonder if that is more efficient than a normal chopper...those waste lotsa energy on the fuse..this octasystem sorta get more outa money ?!

Right ?
              http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X