The Pylon Bar Mural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pylon Bar Mural

Well tonight we went to have dinner at the Grand seirra and walking in to the pylon bar came a shocker that the Airce Mural is going to be painted over alot of the race planes in the mural have been taking offth mural. shawn

Re: The Pylon Bar Mural

Originally posted by Shawn Aro View Post
    Well tonight we went to have dinner at the Grand seirra and walking in to the pylon bar came a shocker that the Airce Mural is going to be painted over alot of the race planes in the mural have been taking offth mural. shawn
    Well Shawn, that's crappy news.. The only way we can express ourselves is to vote with our feet!.

I, for one, will not be staying at the GSR this coming year, neither for PRS or RENO... Even with fairly dated accomodations and less and less good food fare, the property continued to have something unique to offer.

They don't have that any longer and again, voting with one's feet is about all we have for this sort of situation..

Thanks for the news update Shawn!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yeah, what he said!

Wayne, I'll be working PRS this year. Let's try to meet up somewhere.

Cheers,
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Total and sheer stupidity, painting over that mural. I feel stupid as I never took a picture of it...like everything in life, I just assumed we would always have the pylon bar.

John

Comment

They gave Bob Hoover the part with Ol Yeller. It has been or will be cut out and turned over to him.
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
            Total and sheer stupidity, painting over that mural. I feel stupid as I never took a picture of it...like everything in life, I just assumed we would always have the pylon bar.

John
            Well I'm sure someone took pictures of it.

Jarrod

Comment

I don't agree with GSR removing the pylon bar nor removal of the mural. However, they continue to be a sponsor of the T-6 class and do, at least, deserve acknowledgement for their support and sponsorship of air races.

I thank them for that and wish we could get as much support from other establishments.

chip

Comment

well looks like the Rodeo has taken over the wall. Shawn

Comment

Chip, do they actually comp, or just a rate?

I remember once when Steve was prez, he got me on the T-6 list for during PRS, I checked the daily rate for "joe average" and it was quite a bit less than the T-6 block... I've seen same thing with other teams who stay there...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hello to THE pusher of electrons,

Yes they actually provide a certain number of comps to each T-6 team and then provide discounts on other rooms. The discount rooms are ususally an upgrade or better room, not sure what it is a upgarde from.

chip

Comment

Working...
                    X