Dago Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red

Does anyone know what happened to the Dago Red web site? I went to it and got the message that it was suspended.

Re: Dago Red

I got the same message the other day when i tried to check up there too
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Money problems???

Comment

WELL....

...it has been reported that Dago Red and Bob Loves airplane have been REPOSSESSED by the bank and are available at an auction from Bank of America through a third party broker. Both are in pieces and Bobs plane was crashed/ground looped and sustained some major damages.
        Last edited by JET1; 02-10-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Re: WELL....

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
          ...it has been reported that Dago Red and Bob Loves airplane have been REPOSSESSED by the bank and are available at an auction from Bank of America through a third party broker. Both are in pieces and Bobs plane was crashed/ground looped and sustained some major damages.
          That's really terrible news. I can't say that I know Frank Taylor, but I seem to get the impression that he's a pretty good guy. I hope he's able to get his airplane back somehow. If not him, then maybe another race fan.

Do you know who the auctioneer is?

Comment

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
            death spiral

Comment

PLEEZ, tell me it's not going to be turned into a TF-51...

Comment

nope....

Originally posted by mrcraigarcher View Post
                That's really terrible news. I can't say that I know Frank Taylor, but I seem to get the impression that he's a pretty good guy. I hope he's able to get his airplane back somehow. If not him, then maybe another race fan.

Do you know who the auctioneer is?
                frank is a GREAT guy I really enjoy spending time with him he always has a good joke or two to tell!

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER View Post
                  death spiral
                  I'm not reporting facts just rumors....but they are very higly reliable sources.

Comment

ouch. thats really horrible news.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx View Post
                      PLEEZ, tell me it's not going to be turned into a TF-51...
                      Just what the world needs - another TF.

Comment

That is a real bummer. Too bad Terry Bland sold it. Just part of the aviation business. Takes a lot of cash to keep these great racing birds flying. Never know, someone will come along and make the investment in Dago and keep the bird racing. Got to be optimistic!

Frank C.

Comment

A second source to confirm the reportage on this. Let's hope "Dago Red" has a "White Knight" in her future.

One of the biggest thrills in my pylon judging career to date is manning the Unlimited sticks in 2003 when Skip pushed her around the course at 507+mph race average. I've never heard a sound like that before...or since. It was truly something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the memories, Dago. Here's to making more someday or a peaceful retirement in a very special place. You've earned it.
                          Last edited by Air Boss; 04-19-2010, 08:27 AM.
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Do you suppose it cold be against the owner who sold it to FT?
                            Just sayin'.

Comment

Anyone know how to find out about the auction details?

Comment

Working...
                              X