What is hiding in Carson City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is hiding in Carson City?

So rumors have it they have at least one 51 at Carson City, and saw a link today stating they had a 25 out there too.......So asking those that know, what do they really have out in Carson City and where is it and how can i see it

Also curious what other stangs they have in Minden other than the Ghost as i have been told they have at least three out there.

Thanks

Re: What is hiding in Carson City?

I can't remember if it is in Carson City or somewhere else there in Northern Nevada, but there is that guy who has the Boeing P-12 / Model 100 assembly line who is making about 6 new build identical replicas for Kermit Weeks. Anybody know exactly where?

Comment

This I know for sure:

Rosalie and Sizzlin' Liz (whos rudder was used on Dago in 08) is in Carson City. Owned by Ted Contri.

Grim Reaper is in Minden owned by Sal Rubino Jr. The Ghost is being stored here in Minden waiting for Reno 2010. There is another here too, but I cannot remember the name of it at this time.

Will R. Lynch

Comment

Interesting.......well given my passion I am sure I will eventually run into them having their hangors open when i am out there........thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit View Post
          This I know for sure:

Rosalie and Sizzlin' Liz (whos rudder was used on Dago in 08) is in Carson City. Owned by Ted Contri.

Grim Reaper is in Minden owned by Sal Rubino Jr. The Ghost is being stored here in Minden waiting for Reno 2010. There is another here too, but I cannot remember the name of it at this time.

Will R. Lynch

I still think that Ted's planes are two of the prettiest P-51's out there. Been fortunate enough to get a ride in both.

I had heard a rumor that Ted was looking for a new airport but don't know if that is true or not.

There is also the Red Star P-51 in Minden. Though it was sold in 2009 so not sure if it is still there.

Here are links to the ones I could find.

Last edited by doubleup; 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The "red star" Mustang was owned by Bernie Jackson. It was sold and all that is there now is an L-39 and GG.

I just learned the other day that we (Minden) have no Mustangs any longer.......

Will
            Last edited by Wilnit; 01-22-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Maybe Ted will move them to Shafter where his friend Al Goss & "Tiger" are at? Shafter use to have one of the best "Warbird" shows. I've had a few cold ones there dating back to the 80's.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                Maybe Ted will move them to Shafter where his friend Al Goss & "Tiger" are at? Shafter use to have one of the best "Warbird" shows. I've had a few cold ones there dating back to the 80's.
                I had heard Yerington was on the list. But again this was shop talk. Nothing directly from the source.

Comment

There is lots of neat stuff at CXP.
                  L-39, L-29, T-28, T-6, F-86, P-51, T-34, B-25, O-1, OV-10, Fi-156, TS-11, Stearman, T.45, RC-3, CJ6, L-17, etc.

Comment

Now Yerington i would never of even looked at.....go figure....

Yeah, saw they had a 25 out there too, so need the access codes to get on the other side of the airport as i assume most of this stuff is over on the north end in the new hangers....

From personal experience any good times to see them out of their homes?

Comment

Working...
                    X