Dappy Knnn-iggit Rider!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dappy Knnn-iggit Rider!

I wasn't really watching "Knight Rider", I was just in the room ...

... and the last reel of the episode had been shot at some airport, presumably in L.A., whereat there were present at least three T-28s and a couple of T-6s. I tried to identify the FBO, but you can imagine how cold the trail was.

The episode was "Knight of the Juggernaut", the fourth-and-last season's premier (20 September 1985) and the only location noted at the IMDb was a backlot at Universal Studios in U-City.

Anybody own up to having this season on DVD?

$
    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
    Martin Caidin

Re: Dappy Knnn-iggit Rider!

was that on the RTN Network they usually repete those often. shawn

Comment

I was watching Air Wolf the other night and they were at the Air Races. Not sure what year but the Blue's were flying the A-4's. It was cool to see some familiar racers.
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
        I was watching Air Wolf the other night and they were at the Air Races. Not sure what year but the Blue's were flying the A-4's. It was cool to see some familiar racers.
        HOLY CRAP!!! You were watching Air Wolf? What channel? I have been wanting to watch those over again for some time now; when I was growing up that was all my brother and I would watch!
        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

its a channel RTN network has old programs it has one of my favriote Adam 12 Shawn

Comment

Channel 211 on charter cable here in Reno. I looked around and found that it was episode #41 in 1985. Air Wolf, Black sheep squadron, and Tails of the gold monkey were my three favorite shows when I was a kid.
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
              Channel 211 on charter cable here in Reno. I looked around and found that it was episode #41 in 1985. Air Wolf, Black sheep squadron, and Tails of the gold monkey were my three favorite shows when I was a kid.
              Hey Anthony-

"Cutter's Goose" over Poplar Island - Chesapeake Bay, MD on 11/6/88. Grumman G-21A Goose N327 (Mfr. s/n 1051) - She was used for all the flying scenes shot for Tales of the Gold Monkey TV show (mostly in Hawaii) w/my friend- Lowell Holtrop as pilot. Pilot/owner in this shot is pal James Templeton.

BTW- Two Gooses were used for filming that TV-series, -the other one was a non-flying static Goose owned by Universal Studios at the time, which was used for all the dock shots, and many closeups w/the show characters. It's since been restored by veteran former Grumman employees & is on display at Long Island, NY's Cradle of Aviation Museum.

"Comin' By Grumman!" Enjoy!

Don 'Bucky' Dawson
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats awsome, thanks for posting it!
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X