More old pictures from/for the Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More old pictures from/for the Archives

Found some more old photos. Here is a taste. I will upload more later. I mainly focus on getting the purpose built racers scanned but if there is anyone looking for photos of more stockish planes from this era, let me know and I will look. These photos are history, I feel no personal investment with them, Please do with them as you please.

Re: More old pictures from/for the Archives

Prop Blur was not invented as of this time period...

Comment

I'm not a pilot, but Mr. Awesome looks down right scary.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
        Prop Blur was not invented as of this time period...

But if it was blurred we couldn't see the pitch on the blades. I don't have much knowledge for comparison, but that looks like some serious bite for the prop.

Comment

[QUOTE=flyingjibus;77276]Prop Blur was not invented as of this time period...

...playin' with photoshop...

Comment

Originally posted by sledge39 View Post
            ...playin' with photoshop..[/IMG]
            That's pretty impressive for just playing!

I was once on a Baron with an assistant to a very well known photographer and he was complaining that we might not have enough light for good blur but said.. "that's OK, there's always photoshop"...

Light or no light, NO photoshopping, I managed OK... I never truly believed you could do a decent prop blur with PS until seeing yours!
            Attached Files
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              That's pretty impressive for just playing!
              ...thanks Wayne...required a lot of experimenting to figure out how to do it in PS...definitely not a substitute for the real thing tho...

Sledge

Comment

Some More

Comment

Some More
                  Oh man... this history stuff is sooo cool! Keep it coming!

One thing I'd like to ask of all of you who post on Photobucket and other places and then post here.. we've pleged to keep this site alive for a decade or two (as long as possible) EVEN if, god forbid, I happen to pass.. Cobra (Mark Kallio) has login info for the site and I'm getting a will drawn up (one of these days) jussst in case.. .so that the $$ to keep the server alive for 20 years or so are guaranteed... again, god for bid.. (nothing on the immediate horizion that I know of!!) I pass..

OK the ask part. I sure wish you guys would consider posting your images here on the server.. even though it puts a bigger load on the drives on the box, we know, as long as aafo.com is alive, the history is alive... that means something.. at least to me..

Anyway, just a thought, because what happens, as has happened before with another posters photos that were removed from Photobucket after a short time, all that you see are blank red x'xs.. that would suck...

Again, just a thought, not really a skin off anyone's nose if you guys don't, but.. think of the history...

Wayner
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Very good point Wayne. Look what happened to WIX when Gary left us. All of that history gone because of an inactive photobucket account. Rad

Comment

I agree completely. I would be posting them directly to the server but I though there was a size limitation. from now on I will. If you want to put any of my stuff on the server feel free Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Funflyer View Post
                        Very good point Wayne. Look what happened to WIX when Gary left us. All of that history gone because of an inactive photobucket account. Rad
                        Not So! Gary's photobucket account is alive and well, a friend of his has the passwords etc to access it.

Comment

I agree completely. I would be posting them directly to the server but I though there was a size limitation. from now on I will. If you want to put any of my stuff on the server feel free Wayne.
                          Actually, the accounts here are set up to automatically change over to a different level of storage after a certain time/post setting.. it has not been doing it but... I'll do what I can to fix that and, as I have been doing, change anyone's account that does not change for them...

If we ever run out of disk space, we'll get a bigger one!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                          X