Great 2009 Reno Air Races Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great 2009 Reno Air Races Photo Gallery

Found this photo gallery and was blown away by it, but had no one to share it with as my buddies are vintage car racing fans...joined this forum and look forward to seeing more of it.

This may be old hat to you guys, but I was really impressed with the photos. What a cool event. I wish it weren't across the country from me!

Here is the Reno Air Races photo gallery:

Photo Gallery and Results from the 2009 Reno Air Races, also known as the National Championship Air Races.

[Photo Source: Wikipedia; photo credit: Dennis Gray]
    Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 12-15-2009, 08:54 PM. Reason: added photo credit

Re: Great 2009 Reno Air Races Photo Gallery

Welcome to the forum! Maybe we can convert your friends to this sport as well.. I, like most of the folks here, like just about anything that races and race just about anything we drive/fly... at least in our dreams...

I added a photo credit, as provided on the page you linked the photo from.. we gotta be EVER so careful, for many reasons, not the least of which, out of fairness to the photographer..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for adding the photo credit and thank for welcoming me to the forum. Agree with your assessment on liking just about anything that races...

Comment

across the country??? thats nothing...

we have people come from all over the world.....the event is UNIQUE in all the world and a must if you love aircraft. I have been involved for 35 years 9hard to believe that im that old!)

Comment

Re: across the country??? thats nothing...

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
          we have people come from all over the world.....the event is UNIQUE in all the world and a must if you love aircraft. I have been involved for 35 years 9hard to believe that im that old!)
          How true... I sometimes forget just how important and special the event is until driving back and forth during the pre-week and then watching the area go through the transformation that it does as RENO gets closer..

The look on people's faces as they walk in front of you driving... completely transfixed by where they are and what they (walking to the event) are about to experience...

I'm not sure there is any event, anywhere that equals that of RENO!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dinofan, don't let the distance keep you from going! I fly from Atlanta every year, and flights are quite reasonable. Sale tickets from ATL to Reno usually show up in May, so I keep my eyes open for them. For 2009 my round trip ticket cost $198.00 plus junk fees - about $213.00 total! Plus, being in a gambling town, rooms and food are pretty cheap as well. Can usually do 4 nights for around $700.00 total, including air races, rental car, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X