Cold Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather

Central California had a shot of cold and low snow this past week. I understand we're not the only ones.
    Attached Files

Re: Cold Weather

Cold Springs got to a low of -21 Tuesday morning, Stead is the next valley so it had to be as cold! We also got a total of 3' over Sun-Mon and with daytime highs pushing 20 it will be there for awhile.
    Brrrrr.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Sorry guys, had to chuckle - it hasn't been above -20 C since the beginning of Dec up here on the Canukian prairies - high tommorrow is s'posed to be -30 C (-16F) - with a wind And it ain't even winter yet! Ah well, at least it keeps the riff raff in check (but I sometimes go out in it anyway)

cheers
      Low

Comment

It's all relative!
        I'm working in Sacto during the week and it hit the 20's early in the week with snow in the foothills. A lot of people missed Monday or Tuesday dealing with 6" of snow, power outages and frozen pipes!
        Reno in the winter those temps would be "mild". For you Canucks they would be "balmy"!
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I really feel for you guys. we hit a record 89 yesterday, was so hot i had to have a couple of cold ones last night in key west.
          Last edited by tow-3; 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM.
          bob burns
          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

I couldn't believe that Sacremento atually had snow on the ground Monday morn. I just measured a 110 Deg F day last July there. I hope Arnold the Governator carries snowshoes in his Hummer.

P.S...Not so cold now, but pretty wet...

Comment

Speaking of cold in Sacramento, I guess it froze some pipes at the former McClellan AFB and made a pretty big mess.

Comment

Isn't that the F-86 at Westover Airport in Jackson CA? What'd the story of that bird? Also, what's the story of the 2 S-2 Trackers that are on the ramp also? Actually I think they're C-1 Trader if memory servers me correctly. Thanks
                Brian

Comment

-18 up here on Wed morning, I saw a squirral warming his nuts on my cowling!

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                    Isn't that the F-86 at Westover Airport in Jackson CA? What'd the story of that bird? Also, what's the story of the 2 S-2 Trackers that are on the ramp also? Actually I think they're C-1 Trader if memory servers me correctly. Thanks
                    Brian
                    That's correct, it is Westover. The F-86 is pretty much a hulk and is on loan from somebody. They had a placard in front of it a couple months ago but I got bored after reading the first two lines so I can't relate the history.

The two S-2's are still sitting there looking untouched. A while back I heard the owner wants to refurbished them and fly them at airshows.

Hey Low-n-Slow...I debated myself for three days about posting the pix because I knew you guys would tear me up. Kinda surprised that I haven't heard from Minooka, IL.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ken from PG; 12-12-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Feel for you Low-n-Slow- definitely do not miss the -30 and -40 degree temps in the winter,think I'm getting soft down here
                      Russ
                      Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Today -7 degs here in Oulu / Finland.
                        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

guy's your making me feel bad. 86F and sunny here today
                          bob burns
                          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
                          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Ken - Actually we'd love some snow , all we got is a dusting so it's pretty bleak to go with the -47 C windchill this AM.

3dWBro - yeah - sometimes I question the sanity of livin' up here. But no floods, bush/forest fires, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes are relatively infrequent (compared to farther south), and doncha miss the sky that goes on forever.

I am of course just pokin' a little fun and realize that the inconvenience and danger of cold and snow are relative to where you live. I lived in Tuscon one winter and know how uncomfortable it can get when you got no insulation or central heating and there's snow on the cactus. As an ironic little bit of history, in previous professions I have worked in the high arctic on seismic crews and was a professional ski coach for over 15years, meaning I've had to be out in all manner of miserable conditions, but the only time I've ever been hypothermic in my life was down there in southern Arizona! Got caught out in the desert without the right gear when it rained at 50 F. Dumb.

Hope y'all make it through with no more than some stories to tell.

cheers
                            Low

Comment

Working...
                            X