War Birds Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Birds Movie

Anyone know anything about who's involved with this?

Re: War Birds Movie

Comment

Well, that was wierd.

Great footage of some cool aircraft, but did I see a T-6 keeping up with and dogfighting a MUSTANG? Someone not do their homework, or is there some sense behind all this? I'm confused.

THIS text certainly makes it sound interesting:

...including authentic P-51 Mustangs, P-38 Lightnings, F4U Corsairs and a B-17 Flying Fortress as well as modern military helicopters and jets.
      That description will certainly get me to watch, but is this intended for theatrical release, or straight-to-DVD? So many questions...

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        Well, that was wierd.

Great footage of some cool aircraft, but did I see a T-6 keeping up with and dogfighting a MUSTANG? Someone not do their homework, or is there some sense behind all this? I'm confused.

Me too. A T-6 nearly downing a Mustang, some sort of jet thingy (sorry, I didn't get a good look at it) shooting down the Mustang, and then a Spitfire looping around because, um well, it can.

I recognized a few of those aircraft though. Most notable was Jack Roush's P-51B Old Crow. The silver/blue mustang looked familiar too.

Kinda looks like a fun flick. I'll certainly be keeping my eyes on this one. Like they say about sex: Even a bad airplane movie is pretty good.

Comment

The bluenoser was Vlado Lenoch's P51D MoonBeam McSwine

Comment

Looks very awesome but also very weird. The t-6 against a P-51 and then a L-29 against a P-51?????? Very odd and confusing. Shouldn't at leats a foreign aircraft like the spitfire dogfight the P-51. I mean REALLY.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Can you say, "Iron Eagles V"!

So, where is Lou Gossett at when you need him?

I imagine there are plenty of people on this forum who are involved or know about the filming. I'm pretty sure they had to sign a NDA to avoid talking about it, though.

I'll go see it just for the flying scenes, even though the storyline sounds very hokey.

Comment

I read somewhere recently,..maybe in this forum, about a film production being done with some hotshot Russian pilots, and some hotshot American pilots.......in ....I don't remember what......the story line was.....
                But it had some sort of "crazy" pilot conotations associated with the film.....sorry don't remember any more than that....

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX View Post
                  I read somewhere recently,..maybe in this forum, about a film production being done with some hotshot Russian pilots, and some hotshot American pilots.......in ....I don't remember what......the story line was.....
                  But it had some sort of "crazy" pilot conotations associated with the film.....sorry don't remember any more than that....
                  It's "Kerosene Cowboys" and it's the movie that Skip was promoting when he did his Santa Monica Pier buzzjob.

Comment

based on what I saw in the clip;

a non-discloser may be for self protection.
                    Mayday51
                    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Yet more film makers who have no idea what air combat looks like, yet still try and bring it to the silver screen.

Comment

I wonder if that is their test footage. or more B roll. Period uniforms yet they are clean. 2 warbirds in american markings shooting at each other. Gotta be test footage.

Comment

"War Birds follows an Air Force veteran-turned-reckless airshow re-enactment pilot as he gets pulled into the underground culture of illegal, real-life aerial combat."

Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                            http://geektyrant.com/2009/12/this-w...us-in-the-air/

"War Birds follows an Air Force veteran-turned-reckless airshow re-enactment pilot as he gets pulled into the underground culture of illegal, real-life aerial combat."

I saw that, but it still doesn't explain a T-6 successfully riding the tail feathers of a Mustang...Silly hollywood-type producers!

Comment

Well at least they used real airplanes instead of computer animated toys.
                              If it even makes it to DVD I'll probably watch it.

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                              X