• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-26 at Minter

Anyone have info on the A-26 at Minter Field? Thanks
    Brian

Re: A-26 at Minter

Hi, Maybe Randy Goss or some of Tigers people will shed some lite on the A26 at Minter.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

The Douglas A-26 Invader registry follows the history of all Invaders that survived military service.

Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
      RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Thanks Randy, interesting reading. So who owns the plane now? or did I miss that in the reading? Does it fly? Do you know what future plans are for her? Thanks again.
        Brian

Comment

Oh, I know Rudy, the propliner enthusiast! He was glad to hear about that C-119 at Battle Mountain and the A-26 in Grand Junction.

Didn't know about all those A-26s in Edmonton, though. Cool!

$
          "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
          Martin Caidin

Comment

Heres a 2008 Picture at Minter. By the way did anyone hear something that looked just like an A-26 fly over yesterday?
            Attached Files
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by split-s View Post
              Oh, I know Rudy, the propliner enthusiast! He was glad to hear about that C-119 at Battle Mountain and the A-26 in Grand Junction.

Didn't know about all those A-26s in Edmonton, though. Cool!

$
              What is the news on the Grand Junction A-26, I guess I missed that part?

Comment

There is an A-26 in the west end of Grand Junction, Colorado, in a shopyard just east of the mall, nowhere near an airstrip.

It last flew many years ago as a private transport in civilian paint. My research found that it had been involved in a mid-air but appeared to be complete, if only partially assembled.

Spare landing gear and a couple of R-2800s (w/ SEA camo on the cowl-flaps!) rest on a flatbed nearby, with a couple more P&Ws on improvised stands in the yard as well.

A friend of mine in Denver who restores halftracks and [Ford] Mustangs ran with my info and determined that the Invader and its home are owned by an old aviator who owns, as well, quite a few vintage autos and a large portion of Grand Junction.

Further, the old boy was flying ceremonial air cover over Tokyo Bay while the Instruments of Surrender were being signed on the deck of the USS Missouri below.

I'd share with you my own pics, but the Geek Squad failed to back them up with the rest of our docs during a restore last month. [Sob, weep, weep ...]

Check out the SE corner of 'F' Road and Commerce Blvd.

$
                Attached Files
                Martin Caidin

Comment

A few years ago, I heard from a very reliable source of an A-26 a few miles east of the airport at Hollister CA.....was supposedly under some trees......I believe the wings were off. Anyone know about this bird?

Comment

Hi split, I know about the 26 in G.J. as I have a brother that lives there, spent X-mas 05 there and took these, I just thought that something was getting done to it finally . The gentleman in question is Rodney Huskey.
                    Attached Files

Comment

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

awesome pics as normal Victor!
                        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by steve D View Post
                          Hi split, I know about the 26 in G.J. as I have a brother that lives there, spent X-mas 05 there and took these, I just thought that something was getting done to it finally . The gentleman in question is Rodney Huskey.
                          Thanks for corroborating the find, Steve. We last saw it in '06, on the way back to Denver from NCAR. It appeared then pretty much as your pix show it.

$
                          Martin Caidin

Comment

Originally posted by steve D View Post
                            Huskey also have N202R on loan to the CAF in Mesa, AZ. That one is named "Miss Murphy".

T J

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the info. I love A-26's and the dual R-2800's.
                              Sound great just doing the engine start.

Frank C.

Comment

Working...
                              X