OT: Horton 229

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Horton 229

Good program on National Geographic. About the Horton 229 the stealth batwing jet that could have changed the outcome of WWII.

Watch full episodes, specials and documentaries with National Geographic TV channel online.

Re: OT: Horton 229

Looks good, but it's on at 9:00 am on Sunday morning for some reason. Odd scheduling.

Gives me something to watch before the 10:00 am 49ers game though. Thx for the link.
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Saw it. The replica they built is beautiful!

It's a shame they put such a "stealth" slant on it. It's design had absolutely nothing to do with stealth and everything to do with advanced aerodynamics and use of the available materials at the time. Any stealth properties were purely coincidental.

No matter what, it's still good to see any new production with an aviation theme.
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

I saw this too. It's about the stealth builders at Northrup making a model to test the plane's stealth characteristics -- which were significant enough to have given the plane and it's nuke-bomber big brother a definite edge in the game. Thankfully they ran out of time . . .

They showed it once already last week and the schedule says it also repeats on Tues., Nov. 24 at 3 pm.

Here's some background from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229
        ________
        Honda S65
        Last edited by bill_f; 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

If anyone missed this program and would still like to view it, I ran across a downloadable copy at the Megaupload file-sharing website:

LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0E8VDEJ

I watched it last night, and found it quite interesting.

Wouldn't it be a sight if someone built a FLYABLE copy someday? You listening, guys at Planes Of Fame?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X