X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheels air racer

A new toy to watch for — http://tinyurl.com/ygqz54e

Re: Hot Wheels air racer

Must be a heckuva chunk of depleted uranium in the tail to counterbalance that biiiig Giffon hangin' out the front. And prolly kinda warm inna 'pit with those internal exhaust pipes routed around it (presumably goin' to the turbo(s) back there). Gotta git one so I can say I own a Spit racer to go with my 330 P4 Ferrari and D Jag (also Hot Wheels).

cheers
    Low

Comment

That Hotwheel has been around for a few years looks like a ne wversion of it i have a couple of those. Shawn
      Last edited by Shawn Aro; 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I've got one in red and silver. Found it in a multi-pack a couple years ago. I also found one that looks like a 6-wheeled jet car shaped like a B-17 fuselage! Another has a huge radial engine in it.
        I browse through them at the stores all the time looking for interesting aviation themed ones. Anybody else out there have the old "Red Baron" hot rod?
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Leo i have a couple of tresure hunts Shawn and a couple doesens of boxes of hotwheels

Comment

I've got one in blue with red flames on the cowls and wings-one of the guys at work gave it to me
            Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Slow day?

Got the wingspan/fuselage proportions right ...

$
              "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
              Martin Caidin

Comment

Originally posted by r_willy View Post
                A new toy to watch for — http://tinyurl.com/ygqz54e
                URL doesn't work for me??

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The radial engine car would be the Dogfighter. They've been releasing versions every year since the mid/late-90's, as I've seen it it many colors and schemes.

My own collection of un-opened cars runs from 1996 to around early '98 and number in the hundreds, when I felt I was staring to go way overboard and bailed out. Never got a Treasure Hunt, but I have several very limited editions and hard-to-find multi-car sets.

URL doesn't work for me??
                  Here you go my friend. This link should work OK.

New Hot Wheels "Mad Props" <--click here

Only 5 blades. What makes it a Griffon? just sayin'?
                  Last edited by AirDOGGe; 11-06-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I also have the blue one with red flames. Wife says I'm a dork for keeping it around.
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                      The radial engine car would be the Dogfighter. They've been releasing versions every year since the mid/late-90's, as I've seen it it many colors and schemes.

My own collection of un-opened cars runs from 1996 to around early '98 and number in the hundreds, when I felt I was staring to go way overboard and bailed out. Never got a Treasure Hunt, but I have several very limited editions and hard-to-find multi-car sets.

Here you go my friend. This link should work OK.

New Hot Wheels "Mad Props" <--click here

Only 5 blades. What makes it a Griffon? just sayin'?
                      Not much clearance for that two blader.....juss sayin
                      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

The cute little colorful racer may have had it's genesis in the Nuffield-Napier-Heston J5 racer of the late thirties. the Napier Sabre engine was to have driven the wooden racer to 500 mph speeds and reclaim the record from the Nazis. It was destroyed on it's first flight due to a number of abnormalities such as a broken water line that scalded the pilot's butt.
                        Too bad there was a war on. It looked very fast. Still does for today. Maybe we could find a Napier Saber and a couple of mil and, and, ......

Comment

These are all very cool! Does Hotwheels still make issues like these? What a great way to get kids (old one's too) into airplanes!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hotwheels used to make rigs for Nascars right now there doing the CART seris i thought why dont they make a rig with dago or Rare Bare on it and years ago i collected Johnny Lightnighting cars produced by a company called Playing Mantis ther always take ideas. Shawn

Comment

Wife says I'm a dork for keeping it around.
                              Mine just says I'm a dork, no reason given...

I have the dogfighter, also one with the radial lengthways in the car, a gold colored body. When I get home I'll try to take pics of it and the B-17.
                              I've noticed different blimps in the packages lately also but haven't picked one up.
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X