1941 the Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 the Movie

At the start of this movie there's a B-17 on the ramp......what's unusual, is there's no nose turret on her. Most of the civilian B-17's are G models.....I know some of the air tankers they took the nose turrets off the 17's.........anyway....does anyone know which B-17 was used for this movie? Who did the flying for the movie? Just curious, thanks
    Brian

Re: 1941 the Movie

...A Beech C-45 and a B-17 (DB-17P 'Sentimental Journey', N323Z)
    I found that at the following site: http://www.lomcovak.com/movie_1941.html

Comment

Very secure place in my number one, all time "movies to remember" is "1941"...

Pure, "stupid" "vaudville" style humor, expertly delivered and captured.. performances, FX, stunts, etc.. great movie!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        Who did the flying for the movie?
        1941 (1979) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.

Scroll down to "Other Crew" here and you'll see a few familiar names listed as pilots.

Comment

"....JAPS!....

Comment

Does John Belushi's flight gear still exist?, museum somewhere?, did it have nose art on the back? Been too long since I seen this movie to remember.

Comment

Ed Kaletta always said that the P-40 mock up behind his house was from that movie. He said it was the one used for the cockpit close ups in the studio.

TJ

Comment

Tom Camp did the P40 landing on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird5 View Post
                  Tom Camp did the P40 landing on the road.
                  Really? Cool!

I love 1941!

Evan
                  http://evanflys.com/

Comment

It always cracked me up the way Belushi kept that cigar burning, even after ditching in the ocean late in the movie.

Comment

Tom actually did all of the P-40 flying in the movie.
                      JC

Comment

Excuse me, but the presence of vintage a/c isn't enough to forgive Spielberg for his pilgrimage to Cuba to kiss Castro's @$$. He's always been a Hollyweird lefty isolated in his ivory sewer and "1941" is amply tinted with his disrespect for our country and its military.

$
                        Last edited by split-s; 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM.
                        "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                        Martin Caidin

Comment

I'm not here to forgive or condemn anything of the like. I just loved the movie itself, and could care less of background politics behind the scenes. That's for another time and place.

My favorite non-aviation-related scene...When the Japanese sailors are trying to get the old and bulky radio through the sub's hatch, and one says "We have to figure out a way to make these things smaller" (older members of my vintage will understand the joke better...).

Comment

Originally posted by split-s View Post
                            Excuse me, but the presence of vintage a/c isn't enough to forgive Spielberg for his pilgrimage to Cuba to kiss Castro's @$$. He's always been a Hollyweird lefty isolated in his ivory sewer and "1941" is amply tinted with his disrespect for our country and its military.

$

+1

1941 was funny and the flying scenes were great.

I've been to the movies 5 times in 7 years, can't stand the liberal pukes in Hollyweird and the disrespect they have for America, the politically correct horse$&#@ they produce.

Comment

Originally posted by split-s View Post

$
                              I'm not trying to start a political fight here, and I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong, but I'm just curious why somebody like Spielberg, who "disrespects our military" would agree to do "Band of Brothers" - a movie which paints a very positive picture of our W.W.II Veterans and "Saving Private Ryan". Next year Spielberg will also release "The Pacific" - a mini-series equivalent to BOB, but set in the Pacific Theater of W.W. II. If he really hated our military that much, don't you think he would do movies that showed the bad side of our nation, like anything from Viet Nam, ala' Oliver Stone?

Comment

Working...
                              X