Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Racing Biplane - ebay

Re: Historic Racing Biplane - ebay

Looks like a crop-duster ... not that there's anything wrong with that!

Dang, 185 mph?

$
    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
    Martin Caidin

Comment

I'm a bit currious why anyone would buy it with first item of the contract stating you must never fly it. Museum maybe?

Bryan

Comment

Well, someone must have figured it was worth $5200 to them (sale's over).

Comment

Historic value and an irreplacable original racing aircraft from the early days of Reno. I can see why they wouldn't want anything to happen to it.

And it may no longer be considered air-worthy due to age...Old wood wings and old glue too,yes/no?

Comment

Seeing stuff like this makes me wish that Reno had some kind of Air Racing museum. After all that the NCAR has brought to the community over the years, it's only right. Remember the old Pylon bar that was at the MGM/Bally's/Hilton/Grand Sierra? (whewww!) God i miss that place.............Given the historical significance of the NCAR, maybe someday the City/County/State will recognize this and do something about it..........I seriously doubt it, but i can dream.............I'm afraid it's going to take someone from the private sector. These one-of-a-kind aircraft deserve to be displayed together, as well as the history of the Men/Women behind them.
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
            X