No announcement yet.

dose any body hear have pictures of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dose any body hear have pictures of....

i was told that there are pictures of precious metal when it went to counter rotating props. showing the build is this true and dose any body hear have copy's of those pictures or do you know where i need to look??

Re: dose any body hear have pictures of....

Yes, there are photos of N6WJ being built up. Check page 36 of Warbird Digest #11 (November/December '06) for the photos and a writeup of how the airplane came to be.

There are more photos in that series than appear in the magazine if there's something specific you're looking for.

Of note is that the series of photos also shows N5483V in the hangar with N6WJ being built, dispelling the myth that Precious Metal was "converted" to Griffon power.

EDIT: My bro says that they've been posted here on AAFO at some point, so you may wanna search and see what you can find. I don't know what login name Clint (the guy who took the photos) posted under, though. Wayne, can you help?
    Last edited by Randy Haskin; 11-01-2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

i will look for the magazine if there are not out of proudution but if any body hear has copys please post them i have been trying to learn the history of the last griffion racer

Comment

how's this?
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's one from 2007.
          Attached Files

Comment

I was under the impression he was looking for photos of the airplane *being built* with the Griffon and Shack prop-- "showing the build" as he wrote.

Maybe I read that wrong.
            Last edited by Randy Haskin; 11-01-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

you are right i am looking for pictures of the build of the plane with the griffin now dose any body hear rember where they might be on this fourm??

Comment

From my archives.

$
                Attached Files
                "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                Martin Caidin

Comment

Here's a very low res shot showing N6WJ under construction and the "original" Precious Metal in the foreground.

N6WJ obviously is in the background, fuselage mated to wings and sitting on the gear.

The photos aren't mine, so I am not in a position to share them online, but this give you a taste of what you're looking for.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Randy Haskin; 11-01-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

yea i have tried the forum search thing and have turned up nothing so if the person that has the pictures i am looking for i need your help

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                      yea i have tried the forum search thing and have turned up nothing so if the person that has the pictures i am looking for i need your help
                      Is there something in particular you are looking for in the photos?

There are about 20 photos in the series that I'm aware of, starting at the initial fuselage construction, mocking up of the turtle deck and canopy (using the old Stiletto canopy), up all the way through initial taxi tests and first flight.

6 of the shots are in the magazine article called "SuperStangs (Part II)".

Unless you absolutely need them *now* and *digitally*, I recommend just getting ahold of the back issue of Warbird Digest (and supporting a great magazine, BTW). The article also tells the backstory of both N5483V and N6WJ (as well as Dago Red, Strega, Stiletto, Vendetta, Voodoo, and a couple others), so would be a valuable addition to your personal library if you're interested in racing Mustangs.

Clint Gryzlewski is the one who provided them to me (and to the magazine), and they were shot by his father.
                      Last edited by Randy Haskin; 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

i will get the magazine but i still whant the pictures my e mail is metrolink630@att.net so e mail me then mabye i could get a copy that way

Comment

Doesn't Victor have a bunch on his gallery on pbase? If I'm not mistaken, I thought he had a gallery of JUST Precious Metal pics. Worth checking.

Sorry - just read the thread more thoroughly....answer already rendered. Forgive me, please.
                          Last edited by MikeS; 11-02-2009, 05:57 PM.
                          Mike S
                          www.indyairshow.com
                          www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Hey Guys i will post some pictures of PM in a bit, what would you like to see? Clint Gruzalski

Comment

Here you go! Part 1

Comment

Working...
                              X