Dago Red Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red Status?

I was on Dago Red's website reading in the fans only section. came across what is written below. I performed the difficult task of copy and paste, was wondering if I was missing something or has there been a major shift as far as Dago’s current future or is this a goal for down the road?

"Your name will be permanently written in a space ½”H x 4”W on the under wing area of Dago Red -- forever.

Dago Red is scheduled to reside in the most prominent U.S. Air and Space Museum, bearing the names of Dago Red’s "Wing Riders."

Space is limited – act now!"

Re: Dago Red Status?

Only reason I would by one of those spots is to see it facing me coming 'round pylon 9. I hope the intention remains to race it.

Comment

At least it doesn't appear that their intention is to return DR to stock config before retiring her.

Hrm. My name, on a display, exhibited at the NA&SM. In perpetuity. Am even I that egocentric?

How much?

$
      "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
      Martin Caidin

Comment

From the context of that message, it appears that they intend on doing something similar that Greenameyer did with Conquest 1 - to set a new world record then retire her permanently at the NASM.

It kind of sounds like new 3km absolute speed record, then retire her to Udvar-Hazy, where she will be enshrined along with Conquest 1. Anybody think differently?

Comment

Yeah, the intention I get is to set the 3km, win Reno gold, and retire her world's fastest, and gold winner. Maybe someone with the team can enlighten us?
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
            Yeah, the intention I get is to set the 3km, win Reno gold, and retire her world's fastest, and gold winner. Maybe someone with the team can enlighten us?

Directly from Frank Taylor's mouth to my ear.

"we will be at Reno in 2010"

they intend to re-furbish, win reno and attempt the 3km speed record.

After those things are done I think he will keep playing untill he gets tired of it and put her to pasture in D.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
              Only reason I would by one of those spots is to see it facing me coming 'round pylon 9. I hope the intention remains to race it.
              I meant "buy". Why can't I edit a post anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                I meant "buy". Why can't I edit a post anymore?
                I wondered the same thing yesterday! Oh Wayne?
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
                  I wondered the same thing yesterday! Oh Wayne?
                  I think he has the message board configured to where you can only edit a post within 10 minutes or so of posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                    I think he has the message board configured to where you can only edit a post within 10 minutes or so of posting it.
                    It's set to something like that.. (I think a bit longer)... it's common "MO" for boards to be set so that messages can't be edited for very long... stems from "discussions" where someone is able to say something, evoke a response, then change what they posted in the first place, making the response not relevant...

Inconvenient for some, but actually a courtesy to most....

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X