Unlimited Gold Heat 3A 9/19/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Gold Heat 3A 9/19/09

Alright everyone here’s Saturdays Heat race http://www.vimeo.com/7179123. I think it turned out pretty good and I hope everyone enjoys.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Unlimited Gold Heat 3A 9/19/09

Simply Awesome!!

Thank you!!

Comment

Great Job!!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great job Jason. Mr. Whiteside looked cool, calm & collected. You guys should make a DVD of all this to sell in the pits or at least put some feelers out to see who is interested & take orders. Would that be against RARA's rules?
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

YOU DA MAN JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          That stuuf is off the chart!
          Watched twice so far and got chills both times!
          The split screening stuff is way cool.
          The instrument panel cam view is fantastic.
          The 45 cam view,reflection of Wills helmet is a great plus.Looks anything but smooth.
          The ground rush shots from all cameras is just too cool.
          The still shot guys got nothing on this stuff.Although they are awesome at capturing a single shot.You just can't beat the video stuff.Not sure how much work you put into it.Be curious to know though.Your effort is greatly appreciated by me and many others I'm sure.
          Thanks to the Voodoo crew,and Mr Button for allowing you to share these spectacular shoots with us.

Brian(aka B2)

Comment

Good stuff Jason! One can never get enough in-plane footage!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a lot of work but it turned out better than I thought.
              Lockheed Bob, Selling it probably would cost more for me than putting it together as I would have to pay RARA a big portion, plus any music I would have to pay the rights for and that would cost a lot as well.
              Will was definitely in the groove for the race and held a very nice line around the course, the wind was up so that helped blow the wake turbulence and made for a relatively smooth ride.
              At the end of the flight when Will taxis the plane in and shuts down, Mike Wilton comes up and tells Will that he won the race and after the yelling and cheering from the cockpit Will looks over and says “ I don’t care if I won, that was F’n awesome” that was cool to see on video.
              Jason
              Jason Schillereff

Comment

"OUTEFFINGSTANDING" That about says it all ! Rad

Comment

Jason,

Nice work! Believe me, I know how much work goes into these things. If we all keep putting stuff out there, we may actually get someone's attention and they'll realize what a big event this really is, and how freakin cool it is!

Keep up the good work!

Jeff Lee
                  LiveAirShowTV

Comment

I was cuttin' doughnuts in my seat cushion just watching!

It's on my facebook page now.

$
                    Last edited by split-s; 10-21-2009, 09:13 PM. Reason: form
                    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                    Martin Caidin

Comment

Great video and thanks for spending the time to edit and give us the best. It was almost as good as being inside and a lot safer behind the keyboard.

It would be nice to see air speed, roll, altimeter, g's and whatever else you could include that would be interesting.

How many cameras were used and what were there locations?

I notice that the pilot opens the canopy at 10:43. My question is,
                      do most pilots in the unlimited class open their canopies on the landing line up and do they do it to cool the interior down, get some fresh air or escape in case of an emergency landing...?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                        Great video and thanks for spending the time to edit and give us the best. It was almost as good as being inside and a lot safer behind the keyboard.

It would be nice to see air speed, roll, altimeter, g's and whatever else you could include that would be interesting.

How many cameras were used and what were there locations?

I notice that the pilot opens the canopy at 10:43. My question is,
                        do most pilots in the unlimited class open their canopies on the landing line up and do they do it to cool the interior down, get some fresh air or escape in case of an emergency landing...?
                        By week's end, there were four cameras on the aircraft. One was on Will's helmet, another looking aft at him from the instrument panel, another looking 45 degrees off the wing, and one behind Will looking forward.

Some cameras did not capture for all the races. On Saturday, a switch got forgotten on the camera behind Will which houses the telemetry. On Sunday, the aft looking camera did not capture.

Jason included some of the telemetry video on the Friday race and I'm sure the Sunday race video will include some. The only data that you will see is IAS, Ground speed and G force. All the others that get blanked out are engine performance parameters.

Michael

Comment

I guess I'll chime in here:
                          I open the canopy because I like the ability put my head out to one side or another to see on on landing rollout. Sometimes you'd like to be able to move your head about 1"-2" more than with it closed. I made landings both open and closed and just liked the open position better. Also, the air is refreshing. I do this on SteadFast as well for the same reasons. The Voodoo race canopy has ample room to maneuver your helmet around in compared to the Yak though. It's a "No Brainer" since I've been used to the limited headroom in Race 33. As far as preparation for a noseover condition, I can see a possible benefit. I really like the unrestricted Visibility out of the Voodoo race canopy as there isn't even a canopy bow to obstruct visibility when looking up and to the side through that area. In a P51B/C you find yourself banging your helmet into the canopy frame while maneuvering or searching for traffic. I use a slim, cloth helmet in that situation. I find I can get that extra 1"-2" more movement side to side to see over the side of the cockpit. The "D" canopy is giant, it gives you excellent headroom with the windshield frame being the only detractor visibility-wise. In a noseover, this would be my first choice!
                          Thanks for being interested!
                          Will Whiteside
                          SteadFast/Voodoo

Comment

I just watched it again for probably the 20th time.

Comment

Jason and Michael, Fantastic job! Will, thanks for flying Voodoo like you stole it!

BTW, did you see Steven's cut?
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X