Question for W. Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for W. Whiteside

Do you sit lower in the seat than Steven does in Strega? I was going through this years pictures and it looks like you are sitting pretty low in there.

Jarrod

Re: Question for W. Whiteside

His is a bit shorter than Steve.

Comment

Yes Steve is taller but I believe the seat in Voodoo has been setup lower for when Bob (6’3’’) was flying it.
      Jason
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S. View Post
        Yes Steve is taller but I believe the seat in Voodoo has been setup lower for when Bob (6’3’’) was flying it.
        Jason
        Yeah, the joke around the hangar was that they needed to find a booster seat for Will. It's my understanding that some of the seats in P-51's are fixed, while some are adjustable. This one was fixed for Bob to sit inside it.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
          His is a bit shorter than Steve.
          And Steve is taller than Tiger
          Attached Files

Comment

Well Will you can always say you "fly by the seat of your pants". No pun intended. You are one hell of a pilot & hope you keep flying "Voodoo"
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

I'm more aerodynamic sitting lower!
              Just ask Kerch. Mike Luvara put telemetry on me and the lower I sit the faster I think I am.
              WW

Comment

Ha! And Hilarious as well! The vertically challenged shall eventually rule the earth.... Witness: Mike Brown Skip Holm
                The tall guys are allowed to win on occassion- Just to humour them...

All things being equal smaller= more efficient, aerodymamic and lighter weight.... And shorter distance brain to heart = more G's ...Hard to beat for flying .....They even eat less -Could call 'em lucky
                Last edited by nitromainia; 10-22-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nitromainia View Post
                  Ha! And Hilarious as well! The vertically challenged shall eventually rule the earth.... Witness: Mike Brown Skip Holm
                  The tall guys are allowed to win on occassion- Just to humour them...

All things being equal smaller= more efficient, aerodymamic and lighter weight.... And shorter distance brain to heart = more G's ...Hard to beat for flying .....They even eat less -Could call 'em lucky
                  Well nobody tell Sharp that...

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
                    Well nobody tell Sharp that...
                    Must have been hell for him when he first started racing F-1 in "Aero Magic"! LOL! I feel his pain, i'm 6' 3" myself
                    Last edited by t-dub; 10-23-2009, 03:09 PM.
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                    X