Unlimited Gold Heat 2A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Gold Heat 2A

Well here’s the first of the cockpit footage from this year, Voodoo was running lower power during this first heat to test the waters, which made for some great racing against the Buick ‘Dreadnought’. The telemetry overlay had a little too much coffee that day and was a little jittery. Sit back and enjoy the formation racing between Voodoo and Dreadnought. http://www.vimeo.com/7128753
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Unlimited Gold Heat 2A

That is so cool.. Thanks for sharing Jason.. Amazing as always!

Jeff

Comment

AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME! ! ! ! ! !

Did I mention awesome! Great stuff Jason,Thanks for posting.

No pressure just asking...............I see 2 other cameras in Voodoo.
      A POV on Will's helmet and another near front edge of the canopy.
      Do you have stuff from these too? If so I'll be waiting with great anticipation to see footage from those cameras.
      I love the ground rush shot you get when Will banks to come around the home pylon.Looks even cooler when Dread was in the shots.
      Talk about your head on a swivel! Man when Voodoo and Dread where in close proximity, Will sure looked over ALOT. Probably makes aviating a whole lot easier with the telemetry onboard.One less thing to worry about having to look at the instruments!
      Again cool stuff and Thanks for the work to gat it posted for the armchair pilots.

Brian (aka B2)

Comment

Thanks guys!
        BKB, there were actually four cameras in the cockpit for this year’s race but unfortunately the only one that worked (or was turned on) for this heat was the one you see. I don’t think all cameras worked or were turned on for all races but I do have some cool shots which I’ll get online ASAP.
        Jason
        Jason Schillereff

Comment

Great Video. I have two questions. Why did the telemetry get blocked out? (2) How could that be a good start with planes so scattered about? Just a thought.

Comment

All 4 cameras taking the video that you see from Team Voodoo is taken using VERY wide angle lenses. What you see that looks spread out is actually very close. We use those lenses so the video isnt just a tunnel vision. Things are WAY closer than they appear on any of the vids.
            It's a real bummer that you can't see how it really looks from my seat. I think you'd like it.
            Will Whiteside
            Team Voodoo

Comment

BTW,
              Very nice JS

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
                Great Video. I have two questions. Why did the telemetry get blocked out? (2) How could that be a good start with planes so scattered about? Just a thought.
                The data is blocked out because it contains performance numbers. One doesn't go advertising the power levels and other data that they collect for free to competitors. To my knowledge, the overlay system that I installed in September Fury and transferred to Voodoo for this year is not being done in any other aircraft at the races. It's a way for the team to look at the flight visually instead of straight graphs.

As Will said, they are 110 degree or wider angle lenses. Look at the video of Will and Matt at the finish from the cockpit footage, then go look at the last lap from the ground that Jason put at the end.

Michael
                Last edited by Mluvara; 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

So kids all have swine flu, I do not feel well, and then i see this....all i got to say is this is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will, you da man, Niklas says see ya next year......

Comment

Oh, and there was actually a fourth view you guys will all like
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again everyone!!
                      And yes Mike, I’m editing Saturdays race as I type this and that view looking back is pretty bad a$$ with Dan right in behind and Matt down in the dirt giving pylon 6 a high five on his way by. The only camera that didn’t work for this race was the one with telemetry but the other angles make up for it tenfold.
                      Jason
                      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Jason, did we get M.L.'s behind the head cam on Sat?
                        I only have HeroCam, 45 Cam and HelmetCam from Saturday.
                        Last edited by Whiteside; 10-19-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Will......................is it fun?

Sure looks like it to me.

Brian(aka B2)

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside View Post
                            Jason, did we get M.L.'s behind the head cam on Sat?
                            I only have HeroCam, 45 Cam and HelmetCam from Saturday.
                            No M.L. cam footage from Saturday unfortunately, I think Mike said that it shut off for some reason before the flight.
                            Jason
                            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S. View Post
                              No M.L. cam footage from Saturday unfortunately, I think Mike said that it shut off for some reason before the flight.
                              Jason
                              The Sat race was unfortunately not covered, as a switch got forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X