Pay per view problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay per view problems?

While I was in Reno my girlfriend paid to watch the races online but she said she never got to see any. Apparently all she ever saw was the chat box and a sign saying something like "more racing coming soon". I was wondering if anyone else experienced this or how long the dead times were between races. She swears she watched at least 2 hours and the only thing that changed was the chat box. My first thought was she was watching during the Blue Angels but after adjusting for the time difference I think she was trying to watch before they flew. I have no idea when or what was broadcast so I can't help her on my own.
    Thanks

Re: Pay per view problems?

I had to leave the Races on Wednesday and tried to watch. I had about the same thing. I think my problem was my connection. I'm on Hughes sat. and after I use so much time on the web, it goes over to a Fair Use Policy and the speed slows down to, basicly, unusable speed. I paid but did not get to watch, I guess me bad, lost the bucks.

chip

Comment

There were some issues, but nothing that would cause the feed to completely go away. The biggest issue with doing any kind of Internet Broadcast is the "Last Mile". We sent a good solid signal out of Stead to the NBC station in Reno. The encoding was done there, and the streaming company placed it into the player. From there we are then at the mercy of the local Internet Service Provider and an individual's computer. You do not need a super fast computer, but some type of cable, or DSL type connection works the best. All of this was spelled out before hand, and we did everything possible to make sure everyone was able to see it.

Your order number/log in code still works and the rebuilt archive is now up and running. There are a few more clips to be added, but almost all of the races are there now.

The production wasn't prefect, but with the limited time we had, and limited resources, we were able to be the first to stream video live from Stead Field. I can honestly say we NOW know why no one has ever tried that before. We learned a great deal, and with more advance planning, and funding, we should be able to bring an even bigger production, and more advanced distribution for the 2010 races. Thanks for understanding how difficult all of this was, and for the support you gave us. We have great plans for 2010, and look forward to making some exciting announcements during the offseason.

Thanks,

Jeff Lee
      President
      LiveAirShowTV

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lee View Post
        There were some issues, but nothing that would cause the feed to completely go away. The biggest issue with doing any kind of Internet Broadcast is the "Last Mile". We sent a good solid signal out of Stead to the NBC station in Reno. The encoding was done there, and the streaming company placed it into the player. From there we are then at the mercy of the local Internet Service Provider and an individual's computer. You do not need a super fast computer, but some type of cable, or DSL type connection works the best. All of this was spelled out before hand, and we did everything possible to make sure everyone was able to see it.

Your order number/log in code still works and the rebuilt archive is now up and running. There are a few more clips to be added, but almost all of the races are there now.

The production wasn't prefect, but with the limited time we had, and limited resources, we were able to be the first to stream video live from Stead Field. I can honestly say we NOW know why no one has ever tried that before. We learned a great deal, and with more advance planning, and funding, we should be able to bring an even bigger production, and more advanced distribution for the 2010 races. Thanks for understanding how difficult all of this was, and for the support you gave us. We have great plans for 2010, and look forward to making some exciting announcements during the offseason.

Thanks,

Jeff Lee
        President
        LiveAirShowTV

Thanks for the reply and the info. Please don't misunderstand me, I should have known the limitations of my equipment before hand. The first part, until I run over into the fair access policy with my service provider, was great. When I run over my time limit, it slowed down to the point I could not watch.

My problems were of no fault of yours, just pushed my equipment to hard and it broke. Uh, want a second, done that with the T-6 a few times; maybe a pattern here.

chip

Comment

my connection at home is allways "so-so" ,, so i came to my work place where i knew it's always fast, and it was fine. i did enjoy it. i'll do it again next year>

Comment

My girlfriend has DSL but I don't know the speed. We have streamed movies on her computer without any issues beyond an occasional pause. I don't know how this would compare. I will look into it the next time I am at her place and attempt to watch the archive.

Comment

Working...
            X