Edwards Open House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards Open House

Anybody going to this?? http://www.edwards.af.mil/flighttest...king/index.asp

Aerial demonstrations officially begin with Brig. Gen. (ret) Chuck Yeager and Maj. Gen. (ret) Joe Engle breaking the sound barrier in two F-16s
    Last edited by J.SMITH; 10-15-2009, 12:24 PM.
    Jay Smith

Re: Edwards Open House

We'll be there with WK1.

Comment

I see that the gates open at 7:00am. Do you know when the flying starts
      Jay Smith

Comment

Yer right, That is the weirdest schedule I've ever seen.
        Normally USAF airshows have only some flying so they start the flying at about noon. Maybe 11:00. Nice to meet you at Reno this year.
        Also from experience. If you want to be there on the flight line when the flying starts you want to be there before 10:00. These days they park you five miles away and bus you to the field.
        If you buy I'll meet you there.
        Roger O'Day

Comment

LOL, Roger it was good to meet you too. My buds want to leave around 2:30am. It's a 5 hour drive from San Jose. It's going to be a long day.
          Jay Smith

Comment

Oh Great!!!! Me & Dad have a family reunion to attend, and now we're considering bailing on that to go to this..... looks like it will be a GREAT show. My Mom is gonna kill us...... I have quit a job to go to Reno.... I think my priorities are OK.......right?

Comment

No one ever said on their death bed, "Oh How I wished I would have not quit a job so I could attend Reno for 30 years instead" or "Oh, I wished I had gone to a family reunion instead of a kick ass turn and burn airshow."

You made the right choice.

Comment

Of course it's the right choice. LOL, I've quit a government job to go to Reno as well. I told them when I got hired that I'd be gone for Reno and they agreed, then come September they conveniently forgot. CYA!! They did the olympic backpaddle after I gave notice so it was all good. Then I had to do it all again the next year, different boss, and I did quit.
                There's nothing wrong with me or you - Reno is like oxygen - can't live without it
                Last edited by dineega; 10-15-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Reno racer? Wonder who that is. http://www.edwards.af.mil/flighttest...lays/index.asp

Comment

Oh yeah! Lots of good sh*t to see & hear. I miss the daily sonic booms that came with living in Northern Nevada in the 60s-70s. Long day or not, it's worth it!

Matt
                    Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                    NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
                      We'll be there with WK1.
                      That'll be cool to see Elliot. Any idea what time the flying starts?
                      Matt
                      NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

If all goes well, I'll be there. Still working out the details of the trip, and I only started planning today at work. I plan on driving, but there is a chance of catching a ride with my bro from Sac. A short hop in a jet beats the heck out of a six or seven hour drive. All these questions and more will be answered in the morning.

See ya there...

LP

Comment

We be here, ended up driving afterall, my rental pilot actually had to work. And the drive down from Reno actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. It was just a touch over 400 mile via the route that I drove. For those of you making the trip, I'll be wearing my Mustang shirt, if you see me....say howdy.

LP

Comment

Hey Perk, My Bro from CC left @ 5 PM, should be snozzin in Mojave by 11 or so. My crew is leavin San Jose @ 2 O'Dark Thirty and should hit Mojave around 7:00. Look for 4 sleepy clowns in Super Genius Rocket Scientist Shirts (Wile E. Coyote logo).

Matt
                            NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk View Post
                              We be here, ended up driving afterall, my rental pilot actually had to work. And the drive down from Reno actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. It was just a touch over 400 mile via the route that I drove. For those of you making the trip, I'll be wearing my Mustang shirt, if you see me....say howdy.

LP
                              Good on ya Lonnie! Have fun, it's raining here....

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X