rare bear 2009 color what is it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rare bear 2009 color what is it??

dose any body have any idea what color rare bear is this year i am confused beyond belief only thing i know is that it is a purple or a color changing paint that goes from blue to purple and back again any body have any ideas ??? help

Re: rare bear 2009 color what is it??

Doesn't matter, It's time to start talking about what the 2010 paint job is going to be!

Comment

i rrrreeeeaaallllyyy hope he dos'nt cange it agian

Comment

I doubt there will be any changes, I think Rod is pretty pleased with the way it looks now.. On the color, to my *eye* it's purple. However, I've yet to see a digital camera that reads it as anything other than blue...

I think Tyson Reninger's shots in the Air & Space came out reasonably close to the actual color but I think they were taken at night.
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I doubt there will be any changes, I think Rod is pretty pleased with the way it looks now.. On the color, to my *eye* it's purple. However, I've yet to see a digital camera that reads it as anything other than blue...

I think Tyson Reninger's shots in the Air & Space came out reasonably close to the actual color but I think they were taken at night.
          Looks purple to me.

Jarrod
          Attached Files

Comment

It's actually called "Blurple".
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
              It's actually called "Blurple".
              Hey, Troy- 'You funnee guy, GI'!

DBD

Comment

In the infamous voice of HOMER SIMPSON:

"PUUUUUURRRRRRRPLLLLLLLLE"

Comment

One thing is clear for me. I will not try to paint a 1/48 scale model of it with that paint scheme.
                  Why the trend is to paint the racers defying the modellers?
                  And I´m not a good modeller, imagine how I feel.

Comment

well i am in contact with some body on team rare bear mabye they can tell me what color the bear is painted??? if you whant to do a model i amworking on that for 1/48 scale and will have the paint info and decals and resin parts so you can make rare bear in it new colors.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                      well i am in contact with some body on team rare bear mabye they can tell me what color the bear is painted??? if you whant to do a model i amworking on that for 1/48 scale and will have the paint info and decals and resin parts so you can make rare bear in it new colors.
                      It is purple, it looks purple inside a building, it looks purple outside in the sun. Problem is, digital cameras tend to see it as dark blue..

It's a layered paint with different reflective properties. My simple, humble Chevy Silverado has a similar effect. To the eye, in many lights, it's a bit of a green color, in flat light, it's nothing other than blue..
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

to the model builders out there if i figure how to layer the paint like they did i will tell all of you how i did it so you get the same effect

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                          to the model builders out there if i figure how to layer the paint like they did i will tell all of you how i did it so you get the same effect
                          That would be great, because I cannot figure it out. Thank you in dvance BEARCLAW777.

but...I´m seriously thinking to change to 1/32 due to the paint complexity. As I mentioned before I´m not the best for this.
                          Last edited by taglialavore; 10-12-2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

i think i have solved the color purple idea i will try and layer nail polish they make a thiner for it so i will try a dark blue base the sand then a purple the a pear top coat and i should tie every thing together i hope

Comment

pretty much purple i'd say

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X