September 15-19
    http://www.airrace.org/indexJS.php
    Reno or Bust version 2010
    Let's dance

Maria says:

356 days

AAFO BBQ Pending
    Party on Wayne
    Last edited by mgbf4u; 09-25-2009, 09:46 PM.

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
    September 15-19
    http://www.airrace.org/indexJS.php
    Reno or Bust version 2010
    Let's dance

Maria says:

356 days

AAFO BBQ Pending
    Party on Wayne
    I like the way you think.. (cept the dancing thing ) "Party on Wayne" is very cool... "party ON Wayne".. Hopefully, next year, we can look at that aspect of this thing!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The BBQ is a neat idea. Thanks for the fun. Great to put faces to the posters. Hope to do it again next year, with a little more pre-planning.

Just a couple of suggestions:

First off: Start planning earlier.

Second:Get a good map of the site at St. Michael's so people know where to go.

Third:Get a banner to post on site so people can find the party.
      I am looking into this with my local beer distributer. Anyone else have connections?

Fourth: Get definite committments for who brings what. GG and I will be there by the Friday before, so we can bring some of the non-perishables like plates, napkins, etc. and do some of the other shopping the day before since we stay in town and can deliver to the site.
      Betty

Comment

I think someone better talk to the good folks at St Michaels before a big formal/planned function is planned on their property. We wont be the only people there, there are many people who camp under the trees who have no idea what AAFO is. They just want to relax and get to bed. The first year I emailed them regarding the event, they said it was ok for a small gathering. But to start putting banners up etc etc may just be more than they are willing to allow. They may go for it, they may not but I would think that any plans made should include them. I like Wayne's idea of having it someplace else.

Comment

Just reserved my room 9/12-9/20 2010
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
            Just reserved my room 9/12-9/20 2010
            I hope you got a good rate for reserving SO far in advance.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Boy Viktor....I sure hope your gazillion dollar cam & lens are ok after my daughter Klutzan tripped over them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                The BBQ is a neat idea. Thanks for the fun. Great to put faces to the posters. Hope to do it again next year, with a little more pre-planning.

Just a couple of suggestions:

First off: Start planning earlier.

Second:Get a good map of the site at St. Michael's so people know where to go.

Third:Get a banner to post on site so people can find the party.
                I am looking into this with my local beer distributer. Anyone else have connections?

Fourth: Get definite committments for who brings what. GG and I will be there by the Friday before, so we can bring some of the non-perishables like plates, napkins, etc. and do some of the other shopping the day before since we stay in town and can deliver to the site.
                Betty
                Betty, these are the things that need to be done and thanks for chiming in. We still don't know where but we can start working on getting donations for a bigger raffle. I'll start with some teams and see if we can get some hats n stuff. The posters were awesome. Who wants to help me with donations?

Location. It's not to early to work on this. Input.....

Date. I like the saturday we've been doing because there are more people around. Is friday better for others?

Eric
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner View Post
                  Betty, these are the things that need to be done and thanks for chiming in. We still don't know where but we can start working on getting donations for a bigger raffle. I'll start with some teams and see if we can get some hats n stuff. The posters were awesome. Who wants to help me with donations?

Location. It's not to early to work on this. Input.....

Date. I like the saturday we've been doing because there are more people around. Is friday better for others?

Eric
                  Its hard to tell what nite to have it at, it seems that there is always something going on after the days events. So the challenge for us is to make the BBQ the #1 place to be.
                  If it is moved inside the fences, that poses a problem for people who dont have line passes. A pit pass or a gen admin ticket will not get you in after like 5-6pm.
                  Last edited by Bob; 09-27-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: CRS attack.

Comment

Working...
                  X