Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the 2009 attendance figures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have the 2009 attendance figures?

Someone at work was asking how many people (roughly) were in attendance this year and I poked a bit at airrace.org but couldn't find any estimates. I _thought_ that it was announced on Sunday that it was ~200K for the week, but I may be imagining that.

So, anyone know/heard 2009 attendance figures?
    TomL

Re: Anyone have the 2009 attendance figures?

We were told by RARA at the initial pilot brief that just over 200K were expected, down a little from 2008, but not much. Have not heard the post race official total.
    F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

Judging from the empty spots in the stands on all 4 1/2 racedays (counting Wed. afternoon) I would say they were down quite a bit from years past.
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I heard from a Pylon judge that they were told, "attendance exceeded expectation, at 4 or 5% over last year". I do not know what the attendance was last year.
        '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
          I do not know what the attendance was last year.
          About 208K for 2008 per RARA.
          F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

We all agreed it looked like there were more people then last year. Empty seats? In our area, people were sitting on the steps......it was wall to wall people. It does thin out after the Blue Angels were finished. It looked like the Reno Air Races were alive and well.
            Brian

Comment

The Pits were full between the races and the pathways at Pit ends were crowded during the races. Not all of those people were grond crews watching their baby race! Lots of pre-sales on tickets, hopefully better numbers than 2008. The new "viewing area" was sold out.
              RARA still paid the purse they promised, even IF the numbers were down.
              Betty

Comment

Pit attendance looked to be about normal for Saturday, but looked pretty sparse on Sunday. Had several of our group (6 pits) think the same. Steve flew Spark for us and remarked 'this thing runs like chit...wheres Nixon'?
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X