Grrrrrrrrrrr... I have a problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrrrrr... I have a problem...

I was going to download my images from my laptop to my external drive and I only have 35Gigs of space left on my 1TB and I have about 60gigs of images from eight days of Reno.......
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrr... I have a problem...

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
    I was going to download my images from my laptop to my external drive and I only have 35Gigs of space left on my 1TB and I have about 60gigs of images from eight days of Reno.......
    I have the same problem at home! Back when I had a failed drive, I purchased two double 500gb Iomega drives.. they can be set up for raid 1 0 etc.. I set it up as mirrored.. I say it because, I only took the first out of the box and have been using it and now, it's full. Before I left, I tried (for two damn days) to get the second raid setup to be recognized.. apparantly, bad out of the box, it would not format or be recognized by the computer..

So I'm almost completely out of drive space at home..

Right now, I've got all my Reno '09 stuff on my laptop and a second portable drive. I'm gonna have to solve this problem soon.. sounds like you're in the drive market Vicktor... lemme see what I come up with. Personally, I'd never trust my images to one single drive.. ever!

Can't wait to see your work from this year!

Really happy for the time we got to spend together on the sticks.. more than usual and very enjoyable time....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yes, my Buffalo is full and I also have two 500gig WD drives, one which has failed and has about 300gig's of images trapped on it...

I had a great time shooting with you and a bunch of other great photographers! A great Reno 2009!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

USB drives are getting cheap. Perhaps you can acquire on and dedicate it to your reno stuff.

I bought a 320 gig SEAGATE USB drive for only $79, and the units for that price have increase in storage space since then, and i've seen similar sized internal SATA drives for as low as $49 at Frys Electronics.

Eithe that or start burning lots of DVDs...

Comment

WOW, there's a lot of this going around. Just before Reno I was moving some photos to the Desktop when I got the "not enough space" message. ALL of this years stuff is now stored on my laptop until I can come up with something better. Odd that three of us would run into the same problem right about the same time
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

ouch thats a bad problem... makes me look like an amateur... i get looked at by my comrades when i shoot 3gb in a day car racing or at an airshow way down here and i thought my 320gb portable thats got 200gb of images was bad...
            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I have the same problem just with smaller numbers. I've taken a lot of crap from some for my 2008 and 2007 photos which have yet to see the light of day. So I actually want to get some of my 2009 stuff done. But my camera bag sits right where I put it on Monday when I got home.

I guess I could delete some of those family pics that are taking up space on my computer....
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
                I guess I could delete some of those family pics that are taking up space on my computer....
                BUT us Reno guys are like family... guess you need to decide which one is more important huh?
                Last edited by Stevo; 09-23-2009, 12:20 PM.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

I KNOW what is more important, but you guys can't take half my stuff...
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

60 Gigs worth of pics in 8 days - Jeezuz! My mp3 folder is only about 50% bigger than that, but that has taken years to accumulate. I too have a 1TB Buffalo, but haven't even scratched the surface on filling it up. You can find 1 TB ext drives for about a C note now.

Tommy

Comment

Working...
                    X