American Spirit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Spirit?

I read this name in another post.........what is it?

Re: American Spirit?

American Spirit was a Matt Jackson 3350-powered unlimited homebuilt project that has been many years in the making, and is probably still unfinished (we were discussing it way back in 2005, and probably before). It was sold to Rod Lewis last year.

Scroll down to the bottom of the first post of the following webpage for a few pics of the unfinished airframe:

And this page features a newer shot of the airframe with cowling and prop, plus a blurry photo of a representative model:

Finally, here's a better shot of the model located right here at AAFO (the forum search tool is a handy item):

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-22-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
      American Spirit was a Matt Jackson 3350-powered unlimited homebuilt project that has been many years in the making, and is probably still unfinished
      Actually, the airplane sort of always carried the "Jackson Cornell Racer" tag but if you ask Dave Cornell about it, it was the "Cornell-Jackson Racer", as it was Dave's design..

Matt watches here and if he feels this is incorrect, I'm hoping he'll chime in..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It is a very well known, undisputed fact that the plane was designed by Dave Cornell, Engineered by Bruce Boland and paid for by Howard Keck Sr. Who cares about who's name is first? I know I certainly don't, nor does Dave. It was actually named the Keck Racer in the beginning. An Air Classic's article chose to call it Cornell/Jackson racer. Bottom line is who cares? When its done, it will no doubt set the pace for Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
          It is a very well known, undisputed fact that the plane was designed by Dave Cornell, Engineered by Bruce Boland and paid for by Howard Keck Sr. Who cares about who's name is first? I know I certainly don't, nor does Dave. It was actually named the Keck Racer in the beginning. An Air Classic's article chose to call it Cornell/Jackson racer. Bottom line is who cares? When its done, it will no doubt set the pace for Reno.
          Thanks for chiming in Matt! Sorry I didn't run into you this year, tried to get you to wave one time by the "Trailer" where we media hacks hang out (North hangars) but you were busy driving Dred..

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
          Who cares about who's name is first?
          Ahh.. you'd have to ask Dave about that..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thx for the correction, Wayne and Matt. Most of the discussions I have been involved here about it have referred to it as "Matt Jackson's American Spirit". Good to have the accurate story on hand.
            Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-22-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X