What happened to Voodoo? Doodoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Voodoo? Doodoo?

All I heard was "smoke in the cockpit" followed by a deadstick roll out. Has anyone offered reasons?

Re: What happened to Voodoo? Doodoo?

as discussed in another thread, blower issues, no damage done to the engine.

As Will is not the owner of Voodoo I am sure he backed off and landed at the first sign of trouble.

Not a bad performance from Voodoo this year. they are getting closer and closer to the magic combo. I am sure they will find it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneauxman View Post
      All I heard was "smoke in the cockpit" followed by a deadstick roll out. Has anyone offered reasons?
      I haven't gotten an update since I left Stead Sunday night, but I believe they had found the cause of the issue. Certainly, it was not something with how the systems were performing from what we could tell. The telemetry was absolutely steady and systems on the airplane were flawless. Everything was happy according to the parameters we saw. Something gave out internally to cause the issue. It did do some damage, but it was not catastrophic - not like it threw a rod or anything that major.

I'm sure Bob and the team will post updates in the future on the website. They were really happy with how the plane performed this year, and of course, Frank Young built a great motor for his first time!

Michael
      Last edited by Mluvara; 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Congrats on an awesome piece of work, Team Voodoo. Hope to see you doing it again next year!
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

DITTO!!!!!

Comment

You did see the Merlin Magic man in the VooDoo pits, right? "Kirch". thanks, KC

Comment

What I heard over the audio broadcast was "LIGHT smoke in the cockpit...not an issue". Glad it wasn't.

Comment

Working...
              X