rare bear qustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rare bear qustion

i have a question about the rare bear when they went back to the 4 blade prop is it a sky raider prop or something different and is the coaling stock or what it from any body have any ideas??

Re: rare bear qustion

Early Skyraider prop, DC-7 cowling

Comment

so would any of the skyradier model kits out there in 1/48 scale work for the prop? and witch one if anybody knows. the DC-7 cowling in 1/48 i don't think exist so any ideas on something that would be close in that scale??

Comment

That is weird to look at the DC7. It looks like there are 4 Rare Bear front ends on them.

Also, since it doesn't look like they are going to put the 3 blade back on... why don't they just mod one of those massive DC7 props to race with. That would be original no?
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

After the races on Sunday I overheared John Penny speaking to another about them having a stock motor this year. Sound like they plan to have her all beefed up/ hot rodded for next year. My wife said that on the internet audio feed she heard them interview him after the race and he said something to the effect of "There is no other person I would rather lose to than Steven, but we only have a stock motor and it will be different next year". Anybody else hear this, because if so.......WOW. It does make sense though. From what I understand they only enough time to get the motor, throw it in, and break it in during the races. Hopefully John will have the time to post on here about the races this year. No better source of info than right from the source. Can't wait till next year. Already have goosebumps. Go John and the RARE BEAR!!
          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Dwyer that is exactly what John said on the Internet livecast. Just imagine what the new race record speed would have been if the Bear had one of her full-race motors... wow!

If the planets all come into alignment, especially the weather and the motors, next year with Galloping Ghost, a healthy Bear, a healthy Witch, a healthy Voodoo, and of course a healthy Dago (hopefully with a pissed off Skip flying)... it could be absolutely unspeakable. Keep your fingers crossed.
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Anyone know if there will be a Bear race week/month story released like in past years? It is fascinating to read about the all-nighters, engine and systems work that needs tending to, and all of the other aspects that require attention leading up to the races.
              Wayne?

Thanks!
              Tommy

Comment

Check the new Air & Space mag that should be on the stands now for a story on Rare Bear.
                Last edited by Stevo; 09-22-2009, 08:04 AM.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

I did hear somewhere that Mr. Lewis wants to raise the 3km record and the 3 blade would prolly be utilized.

GO

Comment

so if i was to build a model of the rare bear with the 4 blade prop what sky raider kit should i go after AD-4 ,AD-5 , or AH-1 any ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                      so if i was to build a model of the rare bear with the 4 blade prop what sky raider kit should i go after AD-4 ,AD-5 , or AH-1 any ideas???
                      Don't know if you'll get your questions answered, but if you do, I sure want to see this racer model when you get it done!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

well if i do it it will be in 1/48 scale so any ideas on what paint job i should do like what year i like this years

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                          well if i do it it will be in 1/48 scale so any ideas on what paint job i should do like what year i like this years
                          This year, as far as I know, has not been modeled..

I think Mr. Lewis likes it and it will *probably* stay this way for quite a while....

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                          X