formula 1 - Endeavor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formula 1 - Endeavor

After a few hours of sleep I have to ask if there is any information about #11 Endeavor of formula 1?
    Many thanks for your answers,
    Franz

Re: formula 1 - Endeavor

I'm curious about Miss Twitchy. Any details on what happened there?

Glad Coop is OK!
    GO

Comment

I happened to be in pits watching with other F1 pilots when Miss Twitchy had the issue.

We heard Adrian "Coop" Cooper call a mayday. To me, it appeared that he had lost all power. On the radio, he indicated he was going to land on 14. Ultimately, I believe he ended up short of the runway.

While there is plenty of room for speculation, I tried to indicate "just the facts"...

I wish Coop well. I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

Russ

Comment

Thanks and more well wishes out to Adrian and, yes I'm curious why #11 seemed down on power too!

GO

Comment

No speculation on my part, simply observation, but when he pulled out and turned for downwind he seemed to "flutter" and lose a significant amount of altitude. Scary.
          It would be interesting to know what was happening through that mayday.
          Sure glad he is ok!
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Twitchy threw a rod out. I saw a pic of the motor afterward and it has a HUGE hole in it. The airplane is done. It was completely flattened from the impact. It looked like he pancaked in from about 20' up. Thanks God it wasn't any worse!

Comment

How is the Pilot??
              W.Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by RRMERLIN7 View Post
                How is the Pilot??

We were told that the pilot was doing well, and was expected to be released today.

LP

Comment

That is very good to hear. We were all very very happy to hear that he was up and walking around shortly after. But, we were just hoping to hear he was still doing well. Planes ultimately can be replaced. Pilots cannot. Here is to his health.
                  My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Didn`t realise that Miss Twitchy had a problem until I read it in this thread. But absolutely great that the pilot seems to be ok.
                    Any infos about #11 Enedeavor? Since I`ve seen it last year in person, this is my favourite formula 1 aircraft.

Franz

Comment

Working...
                    X