Where's Skip Holm these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Skip Holm these days??

On the list of missing notable "Hot Sticks" He's at the top.... Anybody know?

Re: Where's Skip Holm these days??

This doesn't answer the question "why isn't he racing" but it explains part of what he's up to these days. His website said he expected to be at Reno.

Last edited by r_willy; 09-21-2009, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Which begs the question, who will fly Dago Red next year?

Comment

Skip will be the pilot next year. Spoke with team members at shirt sales yesterday and previously with one of the principals of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
          Skip will be the pilot next year. Spoke with team members at shirt sales yesterday and previously with one of the principals of the team.
          Man, if only Skip and Dago could have been there yesterday to make it interesting. Oh, we can dream! Til next year!
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

The Bear 360/450 looks like it would be a great aircraft to fly. Anyone know if it could be entered into one of Sport classes? If so, Reno would be a great way to show it off with Skip at the controls.

David

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell View Post
              Man, if only Skip and Dago could have been there yesterday to make it interesting. Oh, we can dream! Til next year!
              Make it interesting? Did you see the same races I did?

Youngest and fastest winner ever
              Multiple laps over 500 mph
              Voodoo going 490+ and Pole sitter for Sunday
              RRIII going 475+!!!11!1!
              Czech Mate going faster than ever
              Matt putting on a racing line clinic
              Putting the final nail in the coffin of the troubled water pumper days..

Shall I continue?
              Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                Make it interesting? Did you see the same races I did?

Youngest and fastest winner ever
                Multiple laps over 500 mph
                Voodoo going 490+ and Pole sitter for Sunday
                RRIII going 475+!!!11!1!
                Czech Mate going faster than ever
                Matt putting on a racing line clinic
                Putting the final nail in the coffin of the troubled water pumper days..

Shall I continue?
                You Got it!!! Reno Baby!!! Could it get much better than this??....

Comment

Originally posted by nitromainia View Post
                  You Got it!!! Reno Baby!!! Could it get much better than this??....
                  It could, but this year certainly was not disappointing in the slightest (except for the fact that I wasn't able to attend...heh-heh).

Hope to see the same crews out there in 2010, PLUS Dago, G-Ghost, and anyone else who can make it but couldn't this season (Wildfire hopefully?).

Will Stevo achieve back-to-back wins? Tune in next year and find out...same time, same place...
                  Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-21-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

2010 should be Fun!!!
                    Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM.
                    W.Hughes

Comment

I got to meet Skip and his wife at the Camarillo Air Show A few weeks ago. He was there promoting the Bear 360. He was kind enough to talk with me and my kids and sign autographs. It was a real pleasure to meet the both of them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

More interesting? It can always be more interesting grasshopper. But if u base success on a battle to the finish line you will be disappointed more times than not but it's always something us race fans always hope for. I think most of who followed the week closely knew it was Strega's year again...more so than last year when Bare, Strega and Sept.Fury were trading punches in the heat races. Voodoo was on the pole because Hinton cut a pylon. Voodoo ran the best it has ever run but never had the speed to pressure Strega. Let's face it, you have to be able to run 500mph laps in Reno to win the Gold Unlimited. Maybe next year there will be more than one plane that can sustain those speeds.

Comment

How could I forget Dago Red was also in the hunt last year. Maybe 500 is a little steep but 490's minimum to have a shot at the Gold win. Attrition always being the wild card. That's why we come out on Sunday...you just never know.

Comment

Working...
                          X