Official... Stevo Wins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official... Stevo Wins!

It's official, Stevo Hinton has won and is the youngest winner ever of the races....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Official... Stevo Wins!

Proud Papa Hinton must be grinnin' big time.

Comment

RARE BEAR has called a mayday....Please pray all...

Update: The bear is down and safe.

Comment

Wayne huge thanks for getting the audio stream working again!! ( if you had something to do with it) it came up just as the race started !!!

congrats to steve!!!- Mm nice watch for a 22 year old!!

Comment

Steven is so grounded & humble, that I would not be surprised if he hands the watch to his Dad. The kid lives with Honor! Great end to a great week of racing. So happy for Sr. & Jr. This has been a wonderful story to follow & it couldn't happen to nicer folks!

Comment

A dynasty begins....

Comment

I suppose we should start giving some credit to the entire support team especially the engine builder!!- proof that the merlin comeback is well and truely underway! Damn!! makes me so jealous i wasn't there!!

Comment

The airrace.org audio never went down...They just don't talk for very long portions of the broadcast. Something considered a big no-no over FM radio 'casts.

It's not a true broadcast like a dedicated audio broadcast would be. They are just re-transmitting what the grandstands hear. Periods of 5-10-15 minutes or more can pass with nothing heard but AC hum from the PA system.

Wayne was only helping with an internet VIDEO/AUDIO broadcast, which has nothing to do with the RARA's live audio obtained from the official race webpage.

What they NEED is a dedicated audio-only announcer, say someone who use to call horse races, constantly calling out racer positions. A few mikes out beyond the deadline would be nice to, as you can barely hear the planes go by the home pylon (take-offs are near dead-quiet). No fun listening to voices only...an audio-only broadcast should allow us to hear those all important engine noises, at start-up, take-off and at race speeds.
                Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-20-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Ah i see - Apologies ! still as you say the comentry really could do with improving some. But mostly its the sound we want to hear as you say
                  Still all said and done I am 5000 miles away listening to it and its better than nothing!! thanks to whoever IS responsible for the streaming

another question who built the strega motor? I have heard its got some roush components in it - is that true?

Comment

Agreed. Listening to SOMETHING was better than sitting here bouncing up and down in my chair wishing I was there. Hey, I skipped the entire 49er football game for this!

I did notice one thing...The races go by FAST when you are just listening.

It seems to me like they were just finishing the 3rd lap when the announcer said Strega was on the final 8th circuit. Wow, that happened so quickly. It almost felt like they were doing laps on the shorter T-6 course (snicker).
                    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

i did have one commiseration I was at Goodwood earlier today and there were displays by 2 spits and 2 mustangs in a 4 ship formation the mustangs were ferocious frankie and miss velma plus a BF 109 (spanish ME109) and a very loud display by an Avro Vulcan 4X20000 lb thrust engines then got home to listen to a 507 mph lap !!! all in all a good day

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        It's official, Stevo Hinton has won and is the youngest winner ever of the races....
                        Not complaining here, only thinking in loud voice.
                        And first of all, I´m nobody in the race world, just only a fan.

I want to say, I´m happy that Stevo Hinton has won and congratulations

Don´t know why, but I would have preferred that Will Whiteside would.
                        He is also young (not so as Stevo?) and I understand he is struggling to keep his position in the air racing world and keep the SteadFast, with not so many "means and all the enviroment". Will doesn´t have the easy road, so I appreciate and congratulate a lot all what he did with Voodoo and the team.
                        It´s just my personal and humble opinion.

Wayne feel free to delete this message if you think so.

Comment

for that guy 5000 miles away...standing at the fence near the VOS watching and hearing 500mph planes fly by so close I could hit it with a rock was just amazing! Strega took a no prisoners approach from the start,leaving Voodoo and Rare Bare in its wake. While Strega was the fastest, Voodoo sounded meaner. Will was pushing her for all she was worth and running closer to the fence than anyone. Hinton had Strega trimmed out and looking super smooth earlier than anyone as he aimed her down the VOS, in my eye. I agree, a dynasty in the making! Rare Bear kept getting faster but just didn't have the speed to match the two Merlin powered racers. Congrats to all for making it another great year including the ramp rats and far away fans! Next year should be even better especially since according to leading economic indicators, the recession is officially over...lol! Galloping Ghost and Dago Red hopefully will make the show in 2010 just adding to the excitement.
                          P.S. I got my picture taken with Mel in the Bear Cave. He is 92 years young! God bless him!

Comment

Can someone give us some info on what happened to Voodoo? Jody

Comment

It would also be great if someone could post the lap-by-lap speeds for Strega!

Comment

Working...
                              X