SuperSport Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperSport Saturday

Congratulations to John Sharp and the Nememis / NXT team for a class record 406 mph (heat average speed) today.

I was also impressed by Kevin Eldridge's 385.

Re: SuperSport Saturday

Four-Oh-Six...The term "Bat Out Of Hell" clearly comes to mind. Whew!

Who needs turbines? We have "Johnny Lightning" and his boys to show us how it's done with good ol' fashion pistons. Congrag on a beautiful machine, Mr. Sharp... Well done!

(AVERAGE speed too...Imagine what his top speed must have been (brrrr..more chills)).
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-19-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

too bad the other SS planes are broken

there wer only a few in the air today

Comment

Anyone know why only 3 airplanes took off for the Saturday heat? Is Greenamyer still having engine problems on #33? Does Parker have enough bugs worked out of his new mount to show what it can do? Is Dacy just saving #71 for Sunday? So are there mechanical issues, or is this just a strategy play?

I don't remember exactly how the rules work, but I think you can DNS once and use your best previously posted time. All of the DNS airplanes from Sat are in the lineup for the Sunday finals. Different rules apply for a DNF, as I think you then go to the back of the starting grid. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Comment

Originally posted by PropFan View Post
          Anyone know why only 3 airplanes took off for the Saturday heat? Is Greenamyer still having engine problems on #33? Does Parker have enough bugs worked out of his new mount to show what it can do? Is Dacy just saving #71 for Sunday? So are there mechanical issues, or is this just a strategy play?

I don't remember exactly how the rules work, but I think you can DNS once and use your best previously posted time. All of the DNS airplanes from Sat are in the lineup for the Sunday finals. Different rules apply for a DNF, as I think you then go to the back of the starting grid. Can anyone clarify this for me?
          Since there's only 7 supersports to begin with, I don't think it really matters. They'll all be able to race on Sunday if they're healthy............
          Last edited by t-dub; 09-20-2009, 06:18 AM.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
          X