Rare Bear Same Speed 45 Years Ago..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Same Speed 45 Years Ago..

So if I'm looking at the results info correctly (Looking at the results here: http://www.airrace.org/detailQueryDi...?AircraftID=49) at the bottom of the page, it looks like on 9-16-1964, it shows John Penny was flying her back then and his speed was exactly the same as his speed on 9-16-2009 of 402.768. How strange is that?

Is this a misprint?

Re: Rare Bear Same Speed 45 Years Ago..

Originally posted by Heysdad View Post

Is this a misprint?

No doubt. Penney didn't race at Sky Ranch.

Nor was there a "Rare Bear" back then, though there were at least 3 Bearcats, one belonging to Bill Stead himself.

The database is all screwed up. Do a search for UNLIMITEDS/1964, and look at all the current pilots it says raced back then... I didn't know Steve Hinton, Matt Jackson and Dan Martin raced in 1964 (heh-heh).
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-19-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Yea I thought something was not quite right there...Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        No doubt. Penney didn't race at Sky Ranch.

Nor was there a "Rare Bear" back then, though there were at least 3 Bearcats, one belonging to Bill Stead himself.

The database is all screwed up. Do a search for UNLIMITEDS/1964, and look at all the current pilots it says raced back then... I didn't know Steve Hinton, Matt Jackson and Dan Martin raced in 1964 (heh-heh).
        Thanks for that info. I misquoted and said Steve had been doing this for 20 years. Then I thought more like 30. Steve walked right by me yesterday into Pardues' camp and I'd swear he wasn't that old! Then Howard walked to his plane. I am amazed at his age (?) what he does with Race #14. I guess they have done it so long... it's second nature.
        God Bless 'em!!

Comment

Working...
        X