Nemesis NXT Vne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemesis NXT Vne?

Does anyone know what the never exceed speed is for Jon Sharp's Nemesis?

Re: Nemesis NXT Vne?

Jon is a pretty smart guy, and he has a lot of other smart guys (and gals...) helping him out. And I'm sure they all want Jon to be safe. So I would expect that they designed in a lot of margin. Experimantal airplanes don't have to meet FAA design requirements, so a Vne could be whatever the designer wants to say it is. But the "profesionally" designed kits use the FAA requirements as a guideline, and with the quality of talent that worked on the NXT, I would guess they designed to FAA or Mil Specs for the airframe.

I checked the Nemesis website, but there are no detailed performance specs. I remembered seeing numbers somewhere, and found them again at the ironically named SLOair site: http://www.sloair.com/performances.php where Vne is listed at 370 kias (which is higher than a Learjet). So depending on how warm the day is at Reno, that works out to around 450 - 470 mph true.

So as I expected, Team Nemesis (and the other NXT builders) still have some room left to go even faster (if they need to...)

Comment

Thanks, PropFan. Imagine being able to reach Vne in level flight!
      I don't doubt Team Nemesis knows what they're doing, I just wondered what could limit their top speed!

Comment

[QUOTE=PropFan;73997] at the ironically named SLOair site: http://www.sloair.com/performances.php

SLO= San Luis Obispo (CA)

Kevin E. builds up the NXT kits for customers.
        (and does lots of neat stuff besides)
        Mayday51
        Jim Gallagher

Comment

I think they are at the nearing the limit from a stability stand point. Did anyone else notice the tail wagging that thing was doing today? They added some vertical fin height, but I think they are going to need more.

Comment

Working...
          X