Camera Lens Rental At The Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Lens Rental At The Races

Years ago Nikon had a booth which lent out & rented Nikkor lenses to race fans. Anything like that this year? Thanks,
    Brent
    Last edited by RB51fan; 09-17-2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Camera Lens Rental At The Races

Originally posted by RB51fan View Post
    Years ago Nikon had a booth which lent out & rented Nikkor lenses to race fans. Anything like that this year? Thanks,
    Brent
    Right now, for the past couple of years, Nikon has been supplying media with loner lenses and bodies. They are now an official sponsor of the Reno National Championship Air Races.. This has all been from the NPS (Nikon Professional Services) end of the business...

As I understand it, as big corporations go, what one division does, does not, necessarily, reflect on what other divisions do.. In this case, the pro end of things (both Nikon and Canon have pro and consumer divisions) has been the thrust of Nikon's foray into Reno..

From what I've been hearing, you WILL see a much bigger presence with Nikon at Reno next year, and hopefully, years to come. Both in the pro end of products. (this is camera bodies in the 5 grand range and lenses that we don't even want to talk about how much they cost) and the consumer end of things.. "cheaper" Nikon stuff that everyone has one of..

Cross your fingers folks, getting a company like Nikon interested in this sport is HUGE and we have a few folks, some of them photographers.. (we love you Richard!) some of them within RARA to thank for the current situation.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Camera Lens Rental At The Races side related topic

I saw Nikon as an official sponsor of the races this year. And wondered . . . If they might not think to bring back a booth for the attendees. In this digital age I'm sure there are lots of questions they could help with on the spot. Even after all these years as an "amateur" with a Nikon D70 digital I've gotten a lot of exceptional pictures but still have questions now and again I would think they could earn serious Brownie points.
      What part of 'Air Race FAN-atic' do you not understand?
      Like the chips - You can't attend just one!

Comment

Working...
      X