The Bear Growl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bear Growl

Prop balancing and tweeking on the cooling system made for a fun (but LONG) night for the Bear Crew... and those crazy photogs (or wanna be's in my case) that stayed out to watch.
    She sounded awesome
    Attached Files
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: The Bear Growl

What are the dots on the leftside leading edge?

Al G

Comment

Love the pinkish / red glow of the exhaust tubes in the second picture

Comment

The dots appear to be tape strips holding a cord in place on the wing that runs to the engine...but for what

That photo gives a great look at what has been done to reduce the drag at the wing root openings compared to 2008...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by glider90; 09-17-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agerhart View Post
          What are the dots on the leftside leading edge?

Al G
          It appears to be tape holding some sort of wire in place along the leading edge. If you look close, you can see the wires going to the engine. Probably some sort of additional sensors or guages to check out during the run-up.

Glider beat me to it.
          Last edited by BJH; 09-17-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Wire probably prop balancer

Comment

Thanks.

Al G

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                Prop balancing and tweeking on the cooling system made for a fun (but LONG) night for the Bear Crew... and those crazy photogs (or wanna be's in my case) that stayed out to watch.
                She sounded awesome
                Thanks Stevo.. hadda leave before they got done.. .bout what time did they finally get to it? Those guys are like the everready bunnyx2! Then never run down!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Propellerhead (Phred) and I finally called it a night and walked away at 1 AM... and the Bear crew was still working it.
                  That's dedication!
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                    Propellerhead (Phred) and I finally called it a night and walked away at 1 AM... and the Bear crew was still working it.
                    That's dedication!
                    "The Year of The Cylinder Changes" I think it was 2003, I stayed late a couple of nights just as moral support.. (I make REALLY good strong coffee) and it was, indeed, a late night deal. This crew has always given so much... amazing how they just keep on going, and going, and going...

I have only second hand info at the moment but very good second hand info.. OK.. Lonnie called and said he'd talked to Dave and despite what might look like a disappointing finish today... they are happy!

They did NOT need to win today, or even do all that well.. They just needed to finish, they did..
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thought that could be interesting to read

Comment

I thought they did pretty well yesterday considering how new the engine is. I'm not sure if they ended up in first or second place after Riff Raff cut the first pylon of the unlimited race. But they weren't just coasting around the course. I'm sure the true plan will be revealed on Sunday. And hopefully we will get a full report from John here after the races.

Dustin
                        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Re: The Bear Growl-Heat 1A

RiffRaff assessed 24 seconds in penalty; crossed the finishline 27 seconds in the lead. That's pretty close. Bet Mike K. won't make that mistake again (turning at the guide pylon instead of #1)

Comment

According to the RARA Official Results, Keenum cut the start pylon, pylon 2 and pylon 4 on the start lap and was DQ's. Rear Bear won the heat.

http://galenaforest.net/2009/Unlimit...lts.Report.pdf
                            Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                            X