Obama's Air Force???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's Air Force???

We watched the KC-10 arrive this afternoon...followed four Oregon ANG F-15s in a low approach and a left break for landing....

After ground crew moved four Static Display aircraft out of the way they backed her into the display area.

What struck me as very odd, and having been in the military and observed many aircraft being "put to bed", I was truly shocked to see the KC-10 serviced by young fellows in shorts, tee shirts and sneakers...What has the Military become??? The Air Crew was in uniform but the ground crew in shorts??? And I swear I saw one guy in flip flops.....

This must be the new Obama Air Force!

Re: Obama's Air Force???

Originally posted by BUD_XXX View Post
    We watched the KC-10 arrive this afternoon...followed four Oregon ANG F-15s in a low approach and a left break for landing....

After ground crew moved four Static Display aircraft out of the way they backed her into the display area.

What struck me as very odd, and having been in the military and observed many aircraft being "put to bed", I was truly shocked to see the KC-10 serviced by young fellows in shorts, tee shirts and sneakers...What has the Military become??? The Air Crew was in uniform but the ground crew in shorts??? And I swear I saw one guy in flip flops.....

Haliburton sub-contractor.

Comment

As I recall the Bush Air Force was afraid to fly in the Guard and ran off to a political desk job, without orders.
      I'll take the flip flop bunch, at least they're present and accounted for.

Comment

What else is on military static????
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I met the Klamath Falls F-15 pilots at a Reno hotel last year, outside of displaying the aircraft...it's their weekend too!
          No big deal to me what is being worn when they are hooking up GPU's and chalking aircraft wheels.
          Lets us leave politics at home....it RENO BABY !
          Rampking

Comment

Originally posted by rampking View Post
            I met the Klamath Falls F-15 pilots at a Reno hotel last year, outside of displaying the aircraft...it's their weekend too!
            No big deal to me what is being worn when they are hooking up GPU's and chalking aircraft wheels.
            At least for this weekend .... back to business as usual next week.

Have fun everyone it is indeed Reno.
            Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
            Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Keep in mind sometimes Ground crews are Civilians based at the airport.
              CFI/CFII/MEI
              www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
              www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                As I recall the Bush Air Force was afraid to fly in the Guard and ran off to a political desk job, without orders.
                I'll take the flip flop bunch, at least they're present and accounted for.
                Well, that didn't take long............................

Comment

What else is in the static area...?

An A-10, a two seat F-16, and a single seater F-16, an F-86, a CH-47 Chinook, an old ford stairway/ramp truck that wouln't start and had to be pushed around...there is a MIG and I'm not sure but I think it's a Mig-21. A Fairly Firefly(?), a taildragger twin engine bomber(twin tail)(english design I think), an F-18,

And I forget what else, cause they moved all the toys around to bring in the KC-10.

And Sorry about the Politics...I was thinking of Humor, not Politics...and what the heck he is the Comander in Chief...

That would not happen in "my" unit...like they would let me command a unit...ahhahahahahahaha.

Comment

Thanks for the static aircraft info and humor.
                    Every little bit helps the rest of us who are not there yet.
                    I always run into good people at the air races.
                    Best of all, the weather forcast is great!
                    Rampking

Comment

Originally posted by rampking View Post
                      Good idea!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX View Post
                        Yeah, we all just became a bunch of unprofessional idiots when the guy 7 levels above us in the chain of command changed. It was like flipping a light switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                          Yeah, we all just became a bunch of unprofessional idiots when the guy 7 levels above us in the chain of command changed. It was like flipping a light switch.
                          rofl, I bet your flyin in shorts now.......

Comment

Oh...! A little thin skinned are we?????

Dude...Just laugh, don't try and be tooooo serious!@

Comment

Working...
                            X