Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy flight / Blue Angels & FOD

I looked foward to this every year.
    I guess with no solo military fighter act, it's not in the cards.

Well, lets hope the Stead FOD crews keep the ramp and runways clean.
    I believe this is the first return to Reno for the Blue Angels since the time one of the F-18's ingested something and lost an engine.
    Unattended over-flowing trash cans around the grandstands is also an issue that is hopefully addressed this year.
    We want the Blue Angels to return.
    Rampking

Re: Legacy flight / Blue Angels & FOD

The way I remember it was that during the field report briefing, the Blues were discussing the finer points of fashion; their ascots. This while Rick Vandam was telling them where the potholes were. Yes, such priorities! (This really takes place.)

So they promptly taxi right into said soft spot, and then run her up to military to get out (jet jocks are so subtle with the power). SLURP!... where'd that asphalt go!!!!

I'm sure that if there is a loose rock out there, the jet jocks will find it, and ingest it. I think it's a miracle they are doing ground ops at Stead (what's the new name?).

Gosh, and I give my Zoomie co-pilots such crap. Remembering this makes them look pretty good!

Comment

We know what some geese will do. Mayday!
      I worked at the airport 21 years, and I can't believe it doesn't happen more often. Praise the Lord!!

Comment

Back when I was playin ball for Boise State, we played a late game vs. UNR. We were to fly out of Reno real late after the game on Southwest. Right after take off (around 100-200 agl) the plane ingested, from what I can tell, about 4-6 Canada Geese in the starboard turbo fan. Huge shutter in the plane, then power back, way back, immediate right trun to set up for an emergency final. Landed safely and shut her down on the taxi-way. We got off the plane on the tarmac and wholy crap, can those feathery buggers do some damage! There were about one to two dozen fan blades missin and blood and guts everywhere. I need to check my computer to see if I still have the pictures I took. Pretty amazing what they can do to an engine. Im pretty sure it was "98 or "99. Anyway, thought I would share
        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

we actually changed 5 engines last time..

they ran out and had one trucked in....

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they end up doing a 5 aircraft act?
            Rampking

Comment

Working...
            X