DAGO (paintjob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAGO (paintjob)

Here are some hasty shots (taken 5/09 )... I took of Dago shortly before she was ferried off her new home. Dan Martin brought me into a hangar over at Hollister after we put the Ridge Runner back in her hanger. Countless hours being spent on getting the aircraft smooth. If I recall,, Dan told me the new color will be more red as opposed to an orange-red. Too bad the bird was shipped off. She will be missed this year.
    Attached Files
    MATT
    Turn left, GO FAST

Re: DAGO (paintjob)

Any color will do, as long as there's no kelp growing on it (heh heh).

Can't wait to see her.

Comment

About an hour ago I spoke with somebody that was handing out flyers at the Dago/bombshell booth behind the grandstands. He told me that his father is the owner of Dago and that it will be going back to the stock paint scheme of red, white, and yellow. He told us that they are going to attempt to break their last world speed record of 517 when they finish her up. He sounded pretty confident that they are going to whip the 517 mark. Looks like they are putting a TON of time in on the project.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER View Post
        About an hour ago I spoke with somebody that was handing out flyers at the Dago/bombshell booth behind the grandstands. He told me that his father is the owner of Dago and that it will be going back to the stock paint scheme of red, white, and yellow. He told us that they are going to attempt to break their last world speed record of 517 when they finish her up. He sounded pretty confident that they are going to whip the 517 mark. Looks like they are putting a TON of time in on the project.
        What record does Dago hold @ 517 MPH? I thought they held the 5km record @ 536 MPH?

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
          What record does Dago hold @ 517 MPH?
          15k is the distance for 517mph

The 537 over that same distance was not officially timed and recorded.

Comment

Working...
          X