Missing Artist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Artist...

Few have asked regarding my alleged disappearance and rumored abduction by aliens. Fortunately, I have been spared the fate of the latter and the associated probing that accompanies it. Rather, my recent sabbatical has been more of a product of dis-enchantment from recent events in the sport.

I commend Wayne (as well as a hint of envy) for his ability to chart his way through the muck and for not letting it get him down. Wayne has been a true support, inspiration and compatriot of the sport and has opened many doors and provided me with once-in-a-life opportunities. Wayne is nothing short of a true friend. I will continue to support Wayne and provide material from time to time.

However, this past year has been interesting from several stand points. While my involvement has brought me closer and more entrenched in the sport than most, I also find myself in an interesting state of limbo: More than a fan, but not quite one of the family.

Fan support is also significantly down as I have sold all of 2 of my wall calendars and not to mention my x-mass cards sales were negligible—both far from making it worth the time and money I spent compiling and publishing. The website is purely a self-sacrifice for my passion of the sport and industry with little reward.

And I guess, on a deeper level, watching Tommy Rose perish was probably more of a shake-up than I want to admit. Being a new pilot, I have a whole new perspective and appreciation for the sport, and the risks these athletes of the sky take.

Aviation--albeit in art, photography, or in-flight behind the yoke-- is more than a hobby, it is a passion that I pursue for my own gratification and as a way to share my passion with others. Thus, I am merely taking some time off to re-align and redefine what I want from it and how to pursue it.

Thanks for your support…

Kraz out…

Kieth, Those that complain about you or your work, are short on enlightenment. You are world class. Your humor and artist skills are of the best that I have ever seen. I am not what you would call a connoisseur, but I do know what I like. I have, by the way, excellent taste. I know when I see something good.

The complainers are those that have low self esteem or low self confidence. They are just afraid you will get ahead of them. They are not putting in the same commitment, most likely so their pay back is not what they would like to have. If you are getting something more, it is because you have or do something that people want.

I for, one think your cartoons and Wayne's site are the great match up of two marvelous works by two talented people. You must rule out part of my praise though since it is prejudiced due to my love for my brother, Wayne.

You both have a talent that the "Promoters" (define that, some are selfish) people of the world, do not deserve. This is the kind of person that promises everything as long as it gets them what they want in the moment. Then they are on to "more and better" (they think) things and forget those that served and supported them on therir way.

There are too many in the world like that. One consolation may be that some of them get to the top and there is no one there to adore them. They forgot the loyal, supportive ones that made them what they are. The game is over for them in many cases.

At its present state, the sport may not support you or Wayne adequately and yet you both do it for the love of it. Success has been born for others, in other edeavors, with your kind of effort. This sport, though may not be able to support as much as it deserves and that you and Wayne deserve. At least, not yet.

Another consolation may be that some of the people, such as the promoter, of which we speak, do by accident sometimes cause good things to happen. I hope this is the case with the Las Vegas race. I hope that the Las Vegas race evolves and that somehow you, Wayne and others like you will finally profit monetarily from your efforts.

I believe Europe is likely to Support Air Racing. I am not certain what makes me think this. Accept there is seemingly great support for the world war two irons in Europe.

I am starting to ramble to other than my purpose for this email; which is to lend support for your great talent. To let you know that I appreciate very much what you contribute. I know there are many more such as I.

Sincerely,

Bart Sagar:
    Bj The Dj

Comment

Flite-Skool Calendar

GUILTY,

Boy did I miss that chance , but I bought the calendar today. How easy it was too . I sleep on most of what I need to do, but this time I passed out. Been lookin round here for a new calendar and always end up frustrated.

Sorry Kraz, i'll probably get a few more when the first one arrives, there's a lot of hangars out here still without one and they'll be needin it. I'd ment to get them for xmas gifts, but floundered.

Thanks for the creation, your work is a needed asset.

Comment

Come play with the Cascade Warbirds. Our next meeting is at the MOF on Sat, March 8., at 10:00 AM. Come meet some enthusiastic people who appreciate you and your love of flying.

Comment

Did Ya Get My Email?

Hello Keith, Did you get my email?

Dave Wilbern
          Director of Bus Ops
          Reno Air Racing Assn
          775-972-6663

Comment

Flite-Skool Calendar

I got my calendar, its adorable, hope to get one for next year and the next.....
            I'm ordering four more, they'll still make great gifts.

Thanks Kraz

Comment

Working...
            X