sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunday

very interesting.merlin came in glacier girl came in no sign of leeward long day scince i was in crutches all day bear ran but they had oil pressure problems but i think they are sandbaggin....wen they pulled her in they didnt have the cowlings off and when they did they wernt working on it..... long story short GO WILL
    http://www.rarebear.com

chris

Re: sunday

Sandbagging? That doesn't make much sense, they don't have the time to do that. No cowls off = trouble.
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

that could be the case my reason to belive that is wen the crew was walking in they all said different things 1st it was the radio then it was adi then it was the prop then lastly it was oil pressure

chris

Comment

I arrived today at noon in Stead and there was a lot of warbird action this afternoon
        Last edited by Florian; 09-15-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

nice pics dude

chris

Comment

Here's a few of mine from this weekend,not near as good as yours though
            Russ
            Attached Files
            Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Really nice to see them in the air. Nice shooting

Comment

Also nice pictures from you!

Comment

Thanks for the great images, guys!! It keeps those of us sane who have to wait until the end of the week to get up there.............

Comment

tanks alot guys..... do you guys think rarebear is sandbaggin

chris

Comment

Originally posted by RB77fan View Post
                      bear ran but they had oil pressure problems but i think they are sandbaggin....wen they pulled her in they didnt have the cowlings off and when they did they wernt working on it
                      Around the 3:00 PM time frame the Bear was moved out on the apron and they were doing some run ups with the cowling off. I watched for a minute or two and then left. I doubt they had some extra fuel they were trying to get rid of.

john

Comment

I never made it down to the far end to check out The Bear. Pretty much just hung out in "Fast Alley" (Strega, Czech Mate and VooDoo).

VooDoo sounds really, really nice. However, once Will brought her in from the the coarse, steam was pouring out of the scoop. Never seen that. Kerch seemed interested as well.

Sherm is just riding around at this point. Little bit of a stubborn start up today but, sounded and looked just fine under power.

Jr. maydayed before he even took a lap. I think I heard something about a loose panel. Nothing major, safety first. One thing is for sure, that kid is earning his keep. I've yet to see him sit down.

Riff Raff sounded real good as well. I wasn't sure about that paint job at first but, it looks pretty cool in the air.

Blue II had an off. Didn't see it (had my head turned the wrong way) but, my buddy standing next to me said the tail was "bouncing" when he tried to put it down. The weather at the time was just starting to get unsettled so it wouldn't surprise me if he caught a nasty Washoe Zepher. Plane looked fine (besides the dust) when they brought it back in so I guess we'll see.
                        Attached Files
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Thanks for the up-dates Fence. You heading out to the field today?

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                            I never made it down to the far end to check out The Bear. Pretty much just hung out in "Fast Alley" (Strega, Czech Mate and VooDoo).

VooDoo sounds really, really nice. However, once Will brought her in from the the coarse, steam was pouring out of the scoop. Never seen that. Kerch seemed interested as well.

Sherm is just riding around at this point. Little bit of a stubborn start up today but, sounded and looked just fine under power.

Jr. maydayed before he even took a lap. I think I heard something about a loose panel. Nothing major, safety first. One thing is for sure, that kid is earning his keep. I've yet to see him sit down.

Riff Raff sounded real good as well. I wasn't sure about that paint job at first but, it looks pretty cool in the air.

Blue II had an off. Didn't see it (had my head turned the wrong way) but, my buddy standing next to me said the tail was "bouncing" when he tried to put it down. The weather at the time was just starting to get unsettled so it wouldn't surprise me if he caught a nasty Washoe Zepher. Plane looked fine (besides the dust) when they brought it back in so I guess we'll see.
                            Blue II's off was a direct result of the air boss making them land with a 15+ mph tail wind. That accident could have been much much worse. The good new is that the aircraft seems to be fine.

Comment

That skyraider makes Glacier Girl look tiny!!

Comment

Working...
                              X