• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic

Finally some much needed rain in Texas.
    I'm ready for those cool Reno nights.

Re: Off Topic

We're up to 5" since last night, but true its not Reno....

Lynn

Comment

We had some mild thunderstorms and rain last night in the North Calif. area, which MIGHT be showing up in Stead in a day or two. Let's see which way the winds push it.

Comment

Was hot when I left GSR early this afternoon headed for Stead for a "hoped" engine run in "a couple of hours"... Crew was elbows and arseholes getting things buttoned up and ready to pull her out for an engine run and "if we like what we see, we'll fly"...

Tug hooked up, then the wind and crap started and ... I had to leave about 5ish to get ready for my 40th (SHS Reunion) and don't know, at this moment, if they did do the runs and flight..

They were pumping boiloff coolant when I left.. Tiger was sayin.. "this airplane hasn't flown in so long, you're going to have to teach it how to fly again" to Dave Cornell.. then (Tige) said to me as I was leaving.. "bearcat can't fly in this wind" .. and he and LD Hughes left.. so too did I..

Anyone stay and know any more than me??
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hate to say it, but we have more rain coming today and tomorrow in my area, and usually what we get here, Reno gets a day or 2 later thanks to the Westerly winds.

But hot, dry weather is predicted after then, so the rest of race week should be pleasant. Fingers crossed, and wish I were there chillin' with ya' all.

Comment

The rain has yet to stop here in Hurst since I originally posted this. It has been a slow soaker. Flash flood warnings are most likely in effect.
            It ain't all bad.

Comment

Working...
            X