Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Sunday Finals LIVE Internet Broadcast

LAST CHANCE FOR DISCOUNTED SUBSCRIPTION

September 11, 2009 – PFLUGERVILLE, TX – Time is running out to get the discount on the subscription for the first ever LIVE Internet Video Broadcast from the Reno Air Races. Once Race Week begins, Monday September 14th, the price goes to $24.95. “People have been taking advantage of the discounted rate ($19.95) since we announced this historic broadcast a few weeks ago”, says LiveAirShowTV president Jeff Lee. “Air racing fans are really excited about the chance to see the races, even if they can’t be there on the ramp. There are people from all over the world signing up for this. We haven’t seen excitement for an aviation event like this in a long time.”

Of course there’s nothing like being on the ramp at Stead Field, but viewers are going to get some “extras” during the broadcast. The winners from each racing class will stop by to share their victory. Viewers will get to look back and see what racing was like 100 years ago as we celebrate the centennial of air racing. The National Aviation Heritage Invitational trophy presentation will be carried live. Some of the presenters will include: Hall of Fame enshrines Dick Rutan, Bud Anderson, Gene Cernan (Apollo 17 Commander), Herb Kelleher (Southwest Airlines founder), and Reno legend Bob Hoover.

The U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, David Martin, and a full day of racing! Don’t miss the chance to be a part of this historic Internet broadcast. Subscribe before Monday, and get the discount!

LiveAirShowTV - www.LiveAirShowTV.com
    Reno Air Racing - www.airrace.org

Re: Reno Sunday Finals LIVE Internet Broadcast

I'll be there but I wish I could record it some how.
    Cheers

Comment

Signed up, ready and waiting There is simply no way I can make it to the races from Ohio this year, this is much appreciated.

One question, will the audio feed be direct from the announcers or a separate crew? What I am getting at is will we be seeing aerobatics between races or getting in depth coverage from the pits between races?

Trust me, if I can see the races, I am happy. Pit reports would be icing on the cake.

Thanks for providing for those of that cannot make the trip every year.
      ~Jim

Comment

Originally posted by glider90 View Post
        One question, will the audio feed be direct from the announcers or a separate crew? What I am getting at is will we be seeing aerobatics between races or getting in depth coverage from the pits between races?

Trust me, if I can see the races, I am happy. Pit reports would be icing on the cake.
        Jeff monitors this thread... I've also asked that question and he could not be definite on the details at the point that I asked him (sort of early, before the actual committment came through) I think if they can pull it off, you'll get some of that sort of thing... likely taped a bit earlier then used as fill..
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner View Post
          I'll be there but I wish I could record it some how.
          I asked around until I found someone who has DVR capability on a satelite TV service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelge View Post
            I asked around until I found someone who has DVR capability on a satelite TV service.
            Is this possible? I'll buy it in a heatbeat if so.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

OK guys, sorry it's taken me all day to get back to this, but it's been crazy today.

First, the broadcast cannot be recorded, BUT an archive of the broadcast will be available quickly after the broadcast. I can't promise it will be Sunday night, because I'm not sure how much processing time is required by my streaming company. Our plan is to have it ready by Monday morning. Only subscribers will have access to that archive for a period of time.

As for satellite and TV DVR Recording, while our on-site production would support that, the distribution is completely cost prohibitive for this year. Contracts like that with satellite TV providers, or premium channels have to be in place months in advance. I'm not going to show all of my cards, but we should look at it this way, you have to walk before you can run. I'd say we're jogging at this point.

Which leads us into the actual production. Jim, you're going to get some of both. We're going to stick with Frank, Steve and Danny for a vast majority of the show. They are the experts and are the "official" voices of the show. We will surround that with our producer Mark Allen who will guide us through the holes in between. We have already lined up various experts for each class that will help us set up, and wrap up the various races. We will also add some historical perspective to the entire event, as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of air racing. You will also see the Heritage Trophy Presentation mid morning. We're doing everything we can to make up for the fact that our viewers are NOT on the ramp this year. If we're feeding pre-recorded video, or a story of some kind, rest assured that you're not missing anything going on. We're watching it all, and understand that WE are your eyes and ears.

Yea, that final "icing on the cake" of Live from the Pits, would be fantastic. Distance is the biggest issue with covering an event like this. Getting a live wireless signal from 2000 ft and more away, that moves around, is too rich for our blood this year.

It sounds like I'm telling you what we're NOT going to do. What we ARE going to do is bring live video from Stead of all the Gold Races all day long, in a professional high quality presentation. All of us working on this have years of broadcast experience, and we're getting to apply all of that to a sport that we have a passion for: air racing and aerobatics! Come along for the ride! We might have a few surprises along the way.

Jeff

Comment

Good luck Jeff

Comment

Thanks for doing this Jeff.
                  I'll be watching on Sunday.

Comment

.....I wish I could afford it....
                    I can not give up any more peanut butter sandwiches
                    Mayday51
                    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Awesome idea and the perfect year to do it as I am not sure if I can make it out there. I am just trying to get a for grasp of what we will be able to see. You mentioned you want it to be like we are on the ramp so does that mean all of the races will be shown starting at 730 in the morning? the only reason I ask is because you also said in that last post that we will be able to see all the Gold races...I wasnt sure if that meant only the gold??
                      Also will the airshow acts be broadcast.
                      Sorry if this is a repeat but I was unclear...Regardless I have already ordered and so Thanks in advance for whatever we will get to see

Comment

Bearfan,

We won't go live until 0900. We will miss the Formula One Silver race at 0800. We will tape the Biplane gold, and run it immediately following the Formula One Gold. There are still some adjustments being made to the schedule, so for now, you can plan to see everything else. All of the air show acts will be shown, including the complete Blue Angels show.

We're glad you're on board. Tell your friends to come over and watch it with you, or if they're too far away, have them subscribe as well.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
                          Sounds great. Eagerly awaiting 0900 on the 20th. Already lining up a Reno Party here for some friends that don't know what air racing is and some of the local EAA chapter guys.
                          ~Jim

Comment

Jeff,

Can I watch some from my home computer in the morning and then watch later at the gold race party on the bigger screen?

TJ

Comment

TJ,

This is an Internet Broadcast only. Putting the race on your big screen, or a REALLY big screen somewhere is possible, and could be in the plan, but not for this year. Making things happen this year, will give us a better chance to attract sponsors to pay for events in the future.

I hope you enjoy the show!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X