Re: Race 14

Looks sweet...see ya on the ramp!!

Comment

Looking GOOD!
      IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

Comment

I'm a Pardue fan. I still wonder how old Howard is now. It seems I've been hearing about Howard since my twenties and I'm 55 now. God Bless Howard Pardue.
        Attached Files

Comment

i think he's 72, give or take.

Comment

Well done Steve, see you Friday...

Lynn

Comment

Great shots Steve, see you next week
              Russ
              Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan View Post
                i think he's 72, give or take.

give or take

Comment

It will be a thrill to see Howard racing again. I got a t-shirt in '04. I never wore it. I'd like to have this logo as a sticker. Put on my tool boxes.
                  I hope Howard tells his story someday and it gets publicized. I read one not too long ago in one magazine... Flight Journal?... about getting flyable Corsairs and parts out of a south American country... Argentina? ...back in the late seventies. It was a good story.

I love the 105 paint scheme

Some Nelson Ezell stuff would be cool too.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mgbf4u; 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: picture

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
                    I hope Howard tells his story someday and it gets publicized. I read one not too long ago in one magazine... Flight Journal?... about getting flyable Corsairs and parts out of a south American country... Argentina? ...back in the late seventies. It was a good story.

Can be. Argentina´s Navy (Armada Argentina) flew carrier based F4U-5Corsairs until around 1965.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
                      It will be a thrill to see Howard racing again. I got a t-shirt in '04. I never wore it. I'd like to have this logo as a sticker. Put on my tool boxes.

Howard and a couple other guys got a deal together, Bob Ferguson(spell?) was one of the others and they found them in Honduras(spell?) Howard ended up with 5 total himself but eventually sold them all off and kept a -4 till it lost an engine and he had to put it into a field north of town.
                      Looking fwd to seeing all that say hi although I'm not good at remembering all the names sometimes . If I'm not busy I love to chat Warbirds so stop on by and if your thirsty I'll give ya an ice cold Dublin Dr. Pepper!!

Comment

Originally posted by steve D View Post
                        Howard and a couple other guys got a deal together, Bob Ferguson(spell?) was one of the others and they found them in Honduras(spell?) Howard ended up with 5 total himself but eventually sold them all off and kept a -4 till it lost an engine and he had to put it into a field north of town.
                        Looking fwd to seeing all that say hi although I'm not good at remembering all the names sometimes . If I'm not busy I love to chat Warbirds so stop on by and if your thirsty I'll give ya an ice cold Dublin Dr. Pepper!!
                        Thanks SteveD. I swore that mag was here but I ain't found it.
                        I wanted to get HP to sign it. Me an Mary will be around at the CFC. I hope we get the opportunity to meet and get you a cold beer.
                        I'll never forget in '86 when I stumbled into the hangar off the street.
                        Lots of memories that day. A pile of a Corsair parts sitting in the corner.
                        Lots to see and no one around. Nobody asking for ID. Too bad I didn't have a camera that day.
                        Last edited by mgbf4u; 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Great pics Steve. Glad to have the Texas Militia in the lineup again. See ya' next week!!!
                          Matt
                          Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                          NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

We went out to Slaton TX this summer to watch the airshow & Howard showed up with Race 14. He flew an excellent routine & was very friendly. Here's a shot of her on the ramp. Look forward to seeing them take the pylons this year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

And this resembles another act for this year.
                              The Blue Angels. F8F.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mgbf4u; 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X