TEXAS TWISTERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXAS TWISTERS!

HOWARD PARDUE - STEWART DAWSON - NELSON EZELL ...

Whenever these three Lone Star State warbird amigos show up at Reno- it's surely bound to 'stir up the competition' in the Unlimited Class. These Good Ole' Round-Engine Boys ALWAYS come- 'Rarin' to Race'!

Just watchin' this 'Spirited' Group's smart Stead Field arrivals most years, is indeed a real joy in itself - When race week starts rollin'- these racers just get better every day!

Gentlemen, you are definately a Class Act Trio - both on & off the racecourse. BIG THANKS from all us air racing fans for all your years of consistent participation & outstanding competitive flying skills demonstrated. BEST OF LUCK @ Reno 2009 NCAR!!!

DBD

Photos (L-R):

1. Sat. 9/13/08-UNLTD HT-3A: Howard Pardue turns Outer 4 Pylon in his rare Grumman XF8F-1 #14 Bearcat, (w/Stewart Dawson's #105 Sea Fury bearing down from behind).

2. Fri. 9/12/08-UNLTD HT-2A: Stewart Dawson turns P-4 in his beautiful & potent Hawker FB.11 Sea Fury- Race #105 'Spirit of Texas'. (Dawson also happens to be #77 Rare Bear's alternate pilot.)

3. Fri. 9/12/08-UNLTD HT-2A: Warbird restoration expert- Nelson Ezell flys Howard Pardue's Fury Race #13, in a duel w/Stew Dawson's #105 around Outer 4. (#105 finished 6th-place @ 415.500-av/mph & #13 placed 7th @ 415.277-av/mph - THAT's great racing!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BuckyD; 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM.

Re: TEXAS TWISTERS!

i'm going over to breckenridge to see them take off for reno, sept 11th "crack-of-dawn". i know it will be fun to see them off.

Comment

Those are great Bucky! And thanks for the accolades, I just work on them so the pilots get to have the fun. Say would you happen to have any of the "smart" arrivals to show?, I'd be interested as I have been stuffed in the back seat a couple times. Here is the view from race 13 in 05:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by steve D; 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Steve! Don't ya sell yerself short - most of us know the 'unsung heroes' are the ones who- 'Keep 'Em Flyin'! (I'm a parts/purch. mgr. f/a big Alaska seaplane airline up here & maint. dept. is where the flying workday starts & ends ).

Gotta say I'm envious of your 'stuffed-in the back' ride situation - dirty job, but hey-somebody's gotta do it, huh?

Have to do the photo archive check for your request after the races - we're leavin' here first thing in the a.m. Hope to meet you in the Texas Unltd. pits. Have a great ride to Stead - I'll have the cameras ready & cookin' w/the rest of the photo mob, when you guys show! Keep yer airspeed up in the turns...

DBD
        Last edited by BuckyD; 09-02-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks again Bucky , I won't be "stuffed" in the back of 13 this year a fellow co-worker named John will get the honors this round, I have the privilege of being hauled up in a cattle truck(aka, airlines ) and will be there Sat. afternoon 12th, be honored to shake the hand that pushes the pixel button
          Last edited by steve D; 09-02-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X