Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAS Fallon Air Show

Hey all,

For those of you in the area, or that might be here as early as Friday, September 11, there is a special treat waiting for you at NAS Fallon. The show and parking are free, and it promises to be something that you don't want to miss if you're in the area. There wont be a dry eye in the house...

http://www.fallonairshow.com/Site/Home.html

LP

Re: NAS Fallon Air Show

It bites that it's on a school day! My son is mega bummed.
    Tony

Comment

I thought that odd as well, but it makes sense with the planned 9/11 commemoration.

LP

Comment

I'm going to try to make it while the boy is in school. Are you going Lonnie?
        Tony

Comment

I will be there, though at first I wasn't so sure. I have a fundraiser the night before that I'm helping with. Art For Angels which is a benefit for the Angels Kiss Foundation here in Northern Nevada, is being held at the Aqua Salon in Galena on Thursday, September 10th.

I've been hearing that this is going to be quite a show, and so I'm not going to miss it.

Lonnie

PS: For those that like DB Mueller's stuff, he has donated two prints for the silent auction, Strega and Cloud Dancer. Here's a chance to pick up a print or two and help out kids with cancer and their families here in Norhern Nevada. There will food, wine, art, silent auction, and a fashion show.

Comment

Who doesn't like DB Muller Stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
              I am thankful my parents let me miss the first week of school from 6th grade on, to attend the Reno air races. I have only missed 2 years at Reno since 1972. And my dad... hasn't missed one! And this year my son will be missing his first days to come to Reno. He's a 6th grader...
              Last edited by bikenutty; 09-02-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

i'll be at stead...

..but ill keep an ear open to listen for the show sounds!

Comment

normally this is earlier in the year
                  but ill be there!!!!!
                  www.renosection3.com

Comment

I am going. Maybe we should have lunch together to talk races and planes.
                    Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                    Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Sounds great Don, give me a shout. First I wasn't going, then I was, then I wasn't, then I was...but was going to cut it short, but now I'm back to going for the duration. One thing though...I was warned to leave early or plan on staying around a little late...traffic getting out can be a real bear. But it does promise to be one heck of a show!!

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
                        I challenged the school to teach my kid ANYTHING that would out weigh the experience they would gain by not going. We went to the airshow.
                        Last edited by Ken from PG; 09-04-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Thelma and Louise will be there.

Comment

I am thankful my parents let me miss the first week of school from 6th grade on, to attend the Reno air races. I have only missed 2 years at Reno since 1972. And my dad... hasn't missed one! And this year my son will be missing his first days to come to Reno. He's a 6th grader...

How many sports can claim this kind of tradition? I hear stuff like this all the time and it's great. I was born in 1972, and have been to every race since I was 5 (I'm now 37 ). My son has been to every race since he was born 10 years ago.

Maybe we should have lunch together to talk races and planes.
                            I'm in for breakfast with you guys, if you don't mind.
                            Tony

Comment

Not familiar with the site, so where is a good place to hiik up?

Comment

Working...
                              X