Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new racer testing

Will it race fast enough?
    The principle of ducted fans is well understood now. They require a duct with correct tapering at each end and a low drag but powerful engine at its core. Mu...

I admire the endeavor of those guys. When I saw it made me lough, respectfully.
    Last edited by taglialavore; 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM.

Re: new racer testing

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Dr. Alexander Martin Lippisch says, "When you roll-out-the-barrel, so to speak, who needs cumbersome ol' wings?"

Comment

One of those things was restored in Australia or N.Z. a couple years ago and they flew it!!

Comment

Hey Steve,

Indeed there was a Stipa-Caproni barrel project that was flown down our part of the world.... although it was in Australia.
          The Project was started by the late guido zuccoli (who raced the fiat G59 at Reno in the late 80's after Sanders Aircraft restored it) the project was not full scale but yes it did fly!
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
            Hey Steve,

The Project was started by the late guido zuccoli (who raced the fiat G59 at Reno in the late 80's after Sanders Aircraft restored it) the project was not full scale but yes it did fly!
            Here's a shot of Guido and "Ciao Bella" taxiing in after their arrival at Stead in 1987.
            Attached Files
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Re: new racer testing (off topic)

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
              Here's a shot of Guido and "Ciao Bella" taxiing in after their arrival at Stead in 1987.
              I love that Fiat G-59 Ciao Bella. If it would have been modified for racing... it would´ve been a good contender.
              About the S-C barrel, I cannot say the same...needs too much reforming?LOL
              Last edited by taglialavore; 09-01-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

The S-C Barrel looks like two of those sani-hut men's rooms stacked together with wings bolted on.

Wish I had the skills and time to do the photo shop work on that...

Comment

Working...
                X